Popular Tags: [View All]
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If I am in a coalition and I get 12 votes and my coalition partner gets 42 votes then together our votes go over 50.

When converting to seats do we both get the maximum seats for that state or do we still get the number of seats we individually earned for our actual votes? Are coalitions only good for better odds at winning the state election and being able to affect the national board or do they also allow a moocher who only gets 6 votes in an election to end up with the maximum number of seats?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
You only get the seats that your votes provide; the coalition's total is meaningless except when determining the regional election winner.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. That's what I thought and what seemed logically to make sense but there is always that contrary point of view. Is there a reference in the rules to this so that when it comes up I have specific place to show? Thanks again.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marc P
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Gloomhaven is a great niche game
mbmbmbmbmb
Here's how I read it. In the 2nd edition, which I have, under Score the Current Region (Sec.5.3.1), the first thing it says to do is convert all remaining meeting markers into votes, then determine the number of seats you've gained based on the region card. This number is recorded on your personal notepad. It is after this action has occurred that you go about determining who won the election. So there appears to be no connection between coalition votes and seats gained.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Roland Wood
United States
Visalia
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That should work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.