Popular Tags: recommendations [+] [View All]
John Paul Sodusta
United States
Santa Barbara
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I need more games like Princes of Florence where it doesn't require a lot of multi tasking to do. The way I see Princes of Florence is that other than the auction one, can stick to their strategy for the most part of the game. Princes of Florence requires a lot less contingency plans compared to Age of Steam for example. I need a game that is a lot more strategic than tactical, i.e. 80%-90% long term planning and 20%-10% tactics.

So fellow geeks, can you guys help me find the right games?

Thank you!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Get up, get up, get up, get down, fall over.
United Kingdom
Bolton
Lancashire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You might try clicking on Google Site Search on the title bar at the top of the page and searching under 'multiplayer solitaire'. Aside from getting threads about people who have played a multiplayer game on their own, you will find it used lots as a disparaging term in references to games where there is limited direct interaction or 'screwage'. PoF certainly came up in threads when I did that along with Serenissima and one or two others.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Franklin
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
You might want to start a geek list on this topic.

Often the same game can be strategic for two players and almost purely tactical for four.

The answers will generate debate.

In the end, I think most Euros are not that strategic.

I had no idea Serenissima was. I always thought it was a war game with pickup and deliver.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.