Hide
1 Posts

Escape from the Aliens in Outer Space» Forums » Rules

Subject: Hatch cards rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pasi Alho
msg tools
I just bought the print and play version and played two games with my family (5 players and 4 players in the games).

What I got is a question when using the hatch cards:
If I move towards an escape hatch and draw a card. Do I remove this card from play?

Also, if you pick a malfunctioning hatch, what happens then?
Where do you stand? At the hatch hex (number 1-4) or at the hex where you started your turn. Does your turn end?

We played it like if it malfunctions, you get to continue your turn from the hex where you were.

And when reading the rules, I noted this, which is a bit strange:

With the game rules and hatch cards, in 8 player game, the aliens will win almost always if they don't kill anyone. Just let players take hatches and there is a good chance they get 1 malfunction. Then the last player can't escape.
I know this isn't how it's supposed to be played, but if you just follow the rules that's how aliens win all the time. Of course some players will also win

That's why we made up a house rule about the hatches: If there is an equal number of hatches left as players, you don't draw the hatch cards anymore. Giving all players a chance to escape.

But as I read here on forums, maybe it's wise to skip the hatch cards completely. No fun having the escape ruined by an unlucky draw.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls