GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,265 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
17 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

La Bataille de Dresde» Forums » Rules

Subject: Assaulting in Line rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
14.2 states that the odds ratio is calculated using only up to 4 increments per hex when units in Line make Pre-Melee Morale Checks.

Is this an intentional effort to give columns more elan for assaults?

If so, I like it.

I am definitely stealing the Assault rules and the expanded Command range (for adjacent units) for my Regs games.

I will also use the Dresde turn sequence and the every other fire casualty morale check rules for infantry for my FTF matches.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Wimble
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
You must be relatively new to the series 'cause that was always how it was done in editions 3rd and earlier. Not until I changed it in favor of the roll to close mechanism in the 4th edition; t'was standard procedure. I first introduced the "Communicating Battalions" rule in the 2nd Edition of Quatre Bras.

The Dresden rules have lots of stuff to steal.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave
United States
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I started with Moscowa, learned ML and the Regs, and then moved on to Lutzen and Quatre Bras. Those were the only rule systems I learned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Wimble
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah, you're not alone in that. M'thinks many started with Moscowa, including myself. But that was in the heyday of GDW. Similarly, as we ventured into other titles in the series we encountered variations in the rules, yet without much fuss we could still adapt the ones we had found in Moscowa; one being so inclined, that is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tim Wilson
United States
Alexandria
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
The original Moscowa didn't even have line formation...

Ah, the halcyon days!

Hi, Ed. See you at Cold Wars?

Tim W

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ed Wimble
United States
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I'll be there in the usual place.

Assuming Cold Wars is in the usual place.surprise

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.