GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
9,505 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
16 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Posthuman» Forums » Rules

Subject: Questions - Dark Days event, and Trapper / Munitions Dealer encounters rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Pete Rejowski
United States
Illinois
flag msg tools
First off, I have to say that I LOVE this game, as does the rest of my gaming group. Everything about it is phenomenal, from atmosphere to mechanics to... well, pretty much everything (the random typos are a bit annoying and I got 2 wrong wooden cubes, but otherwise everything is great).

Amusingly, when we first started playing it, we had misread some of the rules and were playing the game harderthan intended... and still loved it! We've fixed those issues, but have these two things that we're wondering:

1) The Dark Days encounter card says that, "The player... immediately takes a free forage, scout, or camp action..." The question is, does this have to be a legal action? For example, if the character is in the middle zone of a three-zone tile, is he allowed to gain a free forage action, or is he limited to scout or camp?

2) The Trapper L1 encounter says, "you may exchange any weapon, piece of equipment, or three bullets for 2 food"; the Munitions Dealer L1 encounter says, "you may exchange any weapon, piece of equipment, or 1 food for 2 ammo." The question is, can you do these things more than once per encounter, or is it only a one-shot deal? For example, if you have 3 surplus weapons in your hand, can you trade them away to the trapper for 2 food each?

Many thanks in advance!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Vadim Golembo
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
2) I think its a one time offer. Otherwise it would say that you may trade in any amount of weapons..etc, to gain 2 ammo per one item traded in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
mbmbmbmbmb
MordainThade wrote:
1) The Dark Days encounter card says that, "The player... immediately takes a free forage, scout, or camp action..." The question is, does this have to be a legal action? For example, if the character is in the middle zone of a three-zone tile, is he allowed to gain a free forage action, or is he limited to scout or camp?

2) The Trapper L1 encounter says, "you may exchange any weapon, piece of equipment, or three bullets for 2 food"; the Munitions Dealer L1 encounter says, "you may exchange any weapon, piece of equipment, or 1 food for 2 ammo." The question is, can you do these things more than once per encounter, or is it only a one-shot deal? For example, if you have 3 surplus weapons in your hand, can you trade them away to the trapper for 2 food each?

1) We play it that you get a "free action" as an extra action next to your regular action. Otherwise it would potentially be a punishing card. And the word "free" would make no sense as you normally don't pay for foraging, scouting or camping anyway.

2) We play it as an infinite offer. Those dealers sell their stuff, why would a merchant just want to sell one thing? The more the better, I'd say. If it was meant as one it would say "you may exchange one" and not "any".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bill Wallace
United States
California
flag msg tools
These are good questions that I'd like to know the definitive answer to as well.

1) I interpret this as you can forage if there is something to forage (a completed tile) otherwise you can't forage for your free action.

2) I interpret this as a one time only thing, based on the wording

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Bogucki
United States
Connecticut
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BillWallace wrote:
These are good questions that I'd like to know the definitive answer to as well.

1) I interpret this as you can forage if there is something to forage (a completed tile) otherwise you can't forage for your free action.

2) I interpret this as a one time only thing, based on the wording

This is how I see it as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
gordon calleja
Malta
Siggiewi
Malta
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmb
Dear Pete, thanks for the kind words.

1) It has to be a legal action

2) You can only do it for 1 weapon, piece of equipment etc...

Gordon
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.