GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,385 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
14 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

Roll for the Galaxy: Ambition» Forums » Rules

Subject: Reassign uses with the new black or orange dice rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
How do reassign work with the two phase side and the $ sides on the dice. As I read it you can't use their power either to move and the go back in the cup if you reassign them - correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
Correct.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Sjolte
Denmark
Copenhagen
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Tom Lehmann wrote:
Correct.

Thanks Tom - great game. I really enjoy it. Just got the expansion.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Strictly speaking - you can only use their "back in cup" or "shift phases" powers if they are assigned to the phase displayed on their face - reassigning them only usually but not always means they won't be assigned to their displayed face. You might very rarely have used multiple reassign powers to move the die out of its displayed phase and then back into it, for example if you needed to do a trick to pick up another die using Executive Power. Or you might have taken an Entrepreneur die showing Develop + Settle, placed it in Settle, then used Executive Power to move it, along with a Home dice showing Settle, both into Develop, then later moved your phase selector using Psi-Crystal Forecasters... I'm fairly sure that Entrepreneur should then be able to move back to Settle if it really wants to.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Wolff
msg tools
greylag wrote:
I'm fairly sure that Entrepreneur should then be able to move back to Settle if it really wants to.

I am pretty sure the phase movement powers of black and orange dice are not optional. They will shift whether you want them to or not when their power is triggered.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tom Lehmann
United States
Palo Alto
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
brunowolff wrote:
greylag wrote:
I'm fairly sure that Entrepreneur should then be able to move back to Settle if it really wants to.

I am pretty sure the phase movement powers of black and orange dice are not optional. They will shift whether you want them to or not when their power is triggered.

This is correct. Thanks.

Greylag is also correct in that multiple reassign powers could result in an orange or black die returning to a column that matches its face (and doing so would allow that face's properties to then take effect).

The general point is that a given face's properties cannot take effect unless at least one of its symbols match the column in which it is placed (by whatever means).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.