1 Posts

D-Day at Tarawa» Forums » General

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mike Barksdale
United States
Glenwood Springs
flag msg tools
Anyone know which units landed on which parts of the beaches or which LVT units carried which companies ashore? For example, take Red 1,2 or 3 separately and you can start E or F companies on their respective beach flanks or put engineering units on those flanks. Further, how were the LVT units initially deployed? Which LVT counters landed (initially) units on which beaches?

I know you don't really use LVT units individually on each beach but I was just wondering if anyone of you boys knows which LVT units were to "start" on each beach? I know by about...oh...1000 they were virtually all destroyed and it was a mix and match job. Still, knowing this would help me accurately allocate casualties historically.

Further, knowing how Shoup deployed his initial engineers may help us shed light on how best to deploy in the game tactically. I usually try to put them in the middle of each beach hoping to protect their flanks, but now I feel putting them together at the pier (or beak at Red 1) is better.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.