GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
7,872 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
22 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

Carson City: Big Box» Forums » General

Subject: Kickstarter and Retail Both Available? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Travis Perry
United States
York
PA
flag msg tools
mb
I was wondering if anyone knew, without contacting the EU vendors each individually to find out the version they're selling, if the retail version without the Kickstarter extras was already released or not. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ilan Vonderwalde
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
From their kickstarter:

"Please Note: After this kickstarter Campaign is finished, the Big Box will not go retail on a large scale. If you don't live in Europe the chance of finding this big box in a shop is very slim (unless that shop pledged a few copies through this KS campaign.) But it will most likely not be widely available after the kickstarter, outside of Europe."

It was my understanding that they won't have a Carson City standalone version either, so it was either Big Box or nothing.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My understanding (having backed as a retailer here in the US) is that retail copies are going out at the same time as Kickstarter copies. This may be covering old ground, but Kickstarter copies have all the Exclusive stretch goals, which retail copies do not.

FYI, I have a Kickstarter copy for pre-order in the BGG marketplace (I backed for one personally, but decided that I really need to trim my game collection), and will have retail copies up soon.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Would someone tell me how long it'll take for the US supplier to ship the Big Boxes, now that they've been in Baltimore since 12/14/2015?

Thanks!

Doc

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Dr Brian wrote:
Would someone tell me how long it'll take for the US supplier to ship the Big Boxes, now that they've been in Baltimore since 12/14/2015?

Thanks!

Doc

You must have missed the last minute Kickstarter bonus exclusive announcement: your copy of Carson City will be delivered to you by an authentic cowboy on a horse. The delivery date will be determined by how long it takes for the cowboy to ride his horse to your house from Baltimore. Sure, it may take a few extra weeks to receive your copy, but it's thematic touches like this that make this game worth waiting for!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Game Steward
United States
Reston
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I live in Oakland, CA. The Pony Express would have a LONG way to go to arrive here!

quill65 wrote:
Dr Brian wrote:

Thanks!

Doc

You must have missed the last minute Kickstarter bonus exclusive announcement: your copy of Carson City will be delivered to you by an authentic cowboy on a horse. The delivery date will be determined by how long it takes for the cowboy to ride his horse to your house from Baltimore. Sure, it may take a few extra weeks to receive your copy, but it's thematic touches like this that make this game worth waiting for!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
Yeah me too, in Portland OR.

But hold your horses, I just received a UPS tracking email from Game Surplus! Ground, of course, so it may as well have been sent by cowboy, but still - yay!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Sielski
United States
Pequannock
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, at least you got a UPS tracking number. I guess they are going by last names and not first names?

Edit ----
No sooner than when I hit the POST button, 3 minutes later THE PONY EXPRESS arrived.

YA-HOOOOO!

Edit #2 ----

Is the Big Box game suppose to have the rules for the Horses and Outlaws expansion? I 4 sets of rules in English, French, Spanish, and German. LOL
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dana R.
United States
Claremont
New Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Devotium Popcornicus
mbmbmbmbmb
quill65 wrote:
Yeah me too, in Portland OR.

But hold your horses, I just received a UPS tracking email from Game Surplus! Ground, of course, so it may as well have been sent by cowboy, but still - yay!

Ahhh so that was the email I got for a delivery tomorrow. I was wondering what the heck I was expecting from Game Surplus.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nathan McCullough
United States
Germantown
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Dr Brian wrote:

Is the Big Box game suppose to have the rules for the Horses and Outlaws expansion? I 4 sets of rules in English, French, Spanish, and German. LOL

I thought the rules booklet had all of the expansion content contained in it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul Mulders
Netherlands
flag msg tools
badge
Zangief, child slammer!
mbmbmbmbmb
Adonai_80 wrote:
Dr Brian wrote:

I thought the rules booklet had all of the expansion content contained in it?

Hi that is correct. Horses are on page 19, Outlaws are on page 18.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls

Ottawa
Ontario
msg tools
It would have been nice to see a release of the base game again. I don't want the extra stuff.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Hendee
United States
Frisco
Texas
flag msg tools
I do not think it means what you think it means.
badge
Whenever you become anxious or stressed, outer purpose has taken over, and you have lost sight of your inner purpose. Your state of consciousness is primary. All else is secondary.
mbmbmbmb
broken clock wrote:
It would have been nice to see a release of the base game again. I don't want the extra stuff.

I am surprised the Geek Market is not flooded with copies of the base game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Anthony Gambatese
United States
Mentor
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
PeterHendee wrote:
broken clock wrote:

I am surprised the Geek Market is not flooded with copies of the base game.

I backed this on kickstarter got it on jan 4... and I have a version of the base game for sale ... if anyone is interested whistle

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Frost

Iowa
msg tools
mbmbmb
I'm not surprised people like myself are holding onto their original base game. And probably will continue to prefer to play it. My large gaming group has 3 people who bought the KS CCBB and they have their copies. So far, no one has played it at our gaming night. I'd been bringing the base game to our group for over a year but no one ever seemed to want to play it. They chase after the newest games. What I call the "Tyranny of the (Usually Mediocre) New": Gotta buy and play some new game that they know nothing about, usually to find out it is mediocre at best, but never or rarely playing lots of great & classic old or older games.

And as so many of us have learned, most expansions just don't do that much to improve the game in any substantive manner. Too many, in fact, do the opposite and actually detract from the game. I saw that with the 1st CC expansion. Rarely ever saw anyone clamor to play it over just the base game. Esp. if you don't prefer to turn CC into just a fighting game (which I don't).

The Horses expansion sounds quite "lame", bad pun intended.

I suspect the base game will remain superior to all of the expansions/BB except for those who suffer from the Tyranny of the New. I'll be happy to play the 2nd expansion, but I won't hold my breath assuming I'll love it. Probably just going to be...mediocre.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.