GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,493 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

DC Comics Deck-Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Variant Game Set Up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
I use this as a way of using all the cards together for a 5 player game

It results in a 115 card deck

I randomly draw 15 Superpowers, 15 Equipment, 15 heroes, 15 villains, and 5 locations.

I choose this amount of each cost of card type except Locations
(0-2) 5 (3-4) 4 (5-6) 4 (7+) 2

Each player then chooses 5 cards they want in the deck (this is before choosing the superhero/villain they will be playing)

Everyone then gets to ban 1 superhero/villain they don't want to play against.

Next they are dealt 5 supers random to choose from.

If they don't like the supers they can choose to take a 10 pt penalty at game end to choose from the unused supers or a 20 pt penalty to choose from the banned supers.

After all supers are choosen then the players choose an additional 5 cards each to add to the play deck.

It's a little complex but it has proven to be popular.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
7 of 8
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
DrEris wrote:
I use this as a way of using all the cards together for a 5 player game

It results in a 115 card deck

I randomly draw 15 Superpowers, 15 Equipment, 15 heroes, 15 villains, and 5 locations.

I choose this amount of each cost of card type except Locations
(0-2) 5 (3-4) 4 (5-6) 4 (7+) 2

Each player then chooses 5 cards they want in the deck (this is before choosing the superhero/villain they will be playing)

Everyone then gets to ban 1 superhero/villain they don't want to play against.

Next they are dealt 5 supers random to choose from.

If they don't like the supers they can choose to take a 10 pt penalty at game end to choose from the unused supers or a 20 pt penalty to choose from the banned supers.

After all supers are choosen then the players choose an additional 5 cards each to add to the play deck.

It's a little complex but it has proven to be popular.

Wow! This is awesome on so many different levels. Saving this one to use.

This is not complexed at all. Just multi-leveled to fit the dynamics of the game.

I can't wait to give it a try!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Lawrence
United States
Lewisville
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I like ideas about mixing the sets like this, but I'm never sure how to handle some of the cards that depend on other cards to really be effective, like Suicide Squad or the Power Rings. I think you have to decide to include all of them or none of them in the deck. How have you handled this in your plays?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Geoff Berman
United States
Omaha
Nebraska
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Well we did have one person that used his picks to include some of the power rings and Kyle, it backfired because since you have to announce what you put in everyone was making sure power rings never got to him.

In general though no special rules for them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.