GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
10,570 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
13 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
6 Posts

The Name of the Rose» Forums » Rules

Subject: New Day and Time Track rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
If at the end of the day the time track goes past 0 (blue space), do you leave it where it is when the next day starts or reset it to zero?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nicholas Hjelmberg
Sweden
Saltsjö-Boo
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
This was discussed in Question of timing : midnight... but with no conclusion. The English rules don't tell and I couldn't find an answer in the German rules either.

My best guess is that each day should start as in the setup, i.e. with the time reset to zero.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Terry Gwazdosky
United States
Clinton
Maine
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks. I can't believe I missed that post.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pedro Pereira
Portugal
Pico de Regalados
Vila Verde
flag msg tools
It was expected of me that I gave up my thoughts. At one point their thoughts invaded my mind and I could feel how it reflcted on my behaviour towards others. I didn't agree with myself anymore, so I started hating everybody else.
badge
I didn't know where I was... it was dark, it was cold. I could hear a very faint breathing though, so I started seeking my way through the darkness with just my hands. I would feel sticky things on the walls and I didn't dare touching the ground.
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, I would agree with Glaucio in that other discussion. Intuitively I would have guessed that you reset the counter, however, I just went through the German rules and at end of the day it refers to all the things you need to do at the end of the day and then it says, "the player who finished the day now continues the playing, so he plays twice in a row".

This to me implies that the game just continues where it ended before since the "end of day" is when the marker stops on or beyond the blue square.

I now believe that you do not reset the counter, which is contrary to what I had expected originally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kory Walsh
Canada
Quebec
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I'd have to check but I am quite certain that it says it starts back at the 0 (blue square) spot.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Chevrel
France
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Hello,

I wrote about 7 years ago to Stefan Feld about this issue, and here is his reply:

"Es wird an der Stelle weitergespielt, auf der der Zeitstein steht. Also nicht zurückschieben!"

So you leave it where it landed and don't set it back on the blue space.

Best regards,

Eric
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.