GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,839 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
19 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
4 Posts

Eclipse» Forums » General

Subject: Any issues with playing with ALL developments? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Tahsin Shamma
United States
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm a big fan of developments and in my most recent games we've played with all developments available. Now with Shadow of the Rift out, can anyone see an issue with playing with all developments (from all expansions)?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
veector wrote:
I'm a big fan of developments and in my most recent games we've played with all developments available. Now with Shadow of the Rift out, can anyone see an issue with playing with all developments (from all expansions)?

Some races will benefit much more than others when more developments are around. Hydran and Eridani for example.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Locke Balenska
msg tools
As long as the players know about it before choosing their race, I can't see it being much of an issue. The game's meta should balance things out ("You picked Octantis knowing that all developments are out? Then both us neighbours are picking military races and coming for you!", etc)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
neko flying
Germany
Berlin
Berlin
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
skir wrote:
As long as the players know about it before choosing their race, I can't see it being much of an issue. The game's meta should balance things out ("You picked Octantis knowing that all developments are out? Then both us neighbours are picking military races and coming for you!", etc)

You are partly right, but meta generally cannot even out uneven player powers perfectly. See the statistics for the victory frequencies for tournament Diplomacy for example.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.