GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!

8,191 Supporters

$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
1168 Posts
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [47] | 

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » General Gaming

Subject: The 365 Play Challenge!!!! :) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi there boardgamegeek and welcome to my challenge!!!! I've seen a lot of individuals doing something like this, so I figured I would make a thread issuing this challenge to all who are brave enough to pick up the gauntlet. lol So, here's the challenge. I challenge you to log 365 plays in 365 days. Here are a few clarifications as to what this means. Let's start with what this doesn't mean.

-This is not 365 unique games. Obviously if you play 365 unique games in a 365 day period, then you will also complete this challenge. But this challenge is specifically meant to see if you can log 365 plays (not unique games) in 365 days. If you play the same game 365 times in a 365 day period, you still complete this challenge. I'm looking for number of plays here, not number of games. (However, if you can play 365 unique games, you are an awesome individual, and more power to you!!!! lol) EDIT: There will now be a special microbadge for anyone who completes 365 unique games throughout the year.

-This is also not a game every day for 365 days. Again, if you do this, you will also complete this challenge, but this challenge is not necessarily aimed at challenging you to a game every day for 365 days. This is simply challenging you to log 365 plays in a 365 day period. If you log 365 plays during the months of November and December 2016 and you haven't logged any plays the rest of the year, you will be counted as having completed this challenge. (But if you can log 365 plays in a mere two months, that would be awesome and probably worthy of some much better reward!!!! : lol) EDIT: There will now be a special microbadge for anyone who can log a play every day all year long.

-Another important note to consider in this challenge is that in order to complete it, you need to LOG YOUR PLAYS ON BOARDGAMEGEEK. Otherwise, I really have no record of who has or hasn't completed the challenge. If you log your plays somewhere else online or in some other way, you can feel free to geekmail me a record of your plays, but I would highly encourage you to use BGG to log your plays, as that is certainly the easiest way for me to see if you have completed 365 plays in 365 days. It also helps BGG see what games we're playing and not playing. Logging plays also helps you to see what games you're playing and not playing in your collection. So, the moral of the story kids is...LOG YOUR PLAYS ON BOARDGAMEGEEK!!!! lol (Preferably. )

So there's the challenge. If you're brave enough, step up to the challenge. The time frame for this challenge is from January 1, 2016 to December 31, 2016. I am working on two different microbadges for this event. There will be one microbadge for anyone who attempts to complete 365 plays in 365 days, and a different microbadge for those who complete 365 plays. All participants will receive the participation microbadge, but only those who complete the challenge will receive the completion microbadge. Also, feel free to use this thread to discuss and share any other gaming challenges that you may be working on. Also, feel free to discuss what games you find are getting a lot of use in this challenge, or simply to discuss whatever games you may be playing to complete this challenge. I hope you'll give the challenge a shot whether you complete it or not, and have fun with it. To sign up for the challenge, simply reply on this thread stating that you're up to the challenge. Then, at the end of 2016, I will look at how many plays you logged over the year to see whether or not you completed the challenge. Also, for those wondering if this challenge is able to be accomplished or not, I will say this: I started logging plays on July 4, 2014, and I decided to give this challenge a try, and by July 3, 2015, I had logged 400 plays. So, you can do it!!!! lol Enjoy the challenge, and play a lot of awesome games in 2016!!!!

(P.S. This is the first thread I have ever created, so if there is already a thread out there issuing such a challenge to the masses, please feel free to redirect me to that thread. In my research, all I found was individuals who were trying to complete this challenge on there own. So, here's hoping I'm not simply retreading already covered ground. Thanks so much!!!! )

IMPORTANT EDIT:

Just to get everyone on the same page here, there will now be up to 5 microbadges that you can earn for this event!!!! Here is how you can get them all.

Microbage #1. (Participation Microbadge) - Anyone who participates in this event in any way shape or form will get this microbadge.

Microbadge #2. (365 Play Microbadge) - Anyone who can log 365 plays of games throughout the year will get this microbadge as well as the participation microbadge.

Microbadge #3. (365 Unique Games Microbadge) - Anyone who plays 365 DIFFERENT (or unique) games will get this microbadge as well as the participation and 365 play microbadges.

Microbadge #4. (The Game a Day Microbadge) - Anyone who logs at least one play every day in 2016 will get this Microbadge as well as the participation and 365 play microbadges.

Microbadge#5. (The Uber Gameaholic Completionist Microbadge) - Anyone who can complete the mammoth undertaking of logging 365 plays, 365 unique games, and a game every day in 2016 will get this super extra awesome microbadge as well as the participation, 365 play, 365 unique games, and game a day microbadges.

(With all these different levels of microbadges, I somehow feel like I'm running a Kickstarter project now. lol)

So there you have it. You can now get up to five microbadges for this event. That's enough to fill every slot on your profile picture!!!! lol As we get closer to the end of the year, please tell me which of the challenges that you are working on completing so I that I know which ones to look for as I look through your logged plays on BGG. Thanks so much, and enjoy the new challenges!!!!

IMPORTANT EDIT #2 - A lot of people have asked if online or digital plays of games are acceptable for this challenge. For the purposes of this challenge, I am not accepting online or digital plays. This is strictly a tabletop challenge. Hope that helps clear this issue up. Enjoy the challenge!!!!

IMPORTANT EDIT #3 - When you complete this challenge, please GEEKMAIL ME PERSONALLY. This will make it significantly easier for me to see who all has completed the challenge!!!! Thanks so much!!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt G
United States
Los Angeles
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So who wants to be the one to tell him that there are 366 days next year?
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought 365 days was pretty generous, but for those of you who need one more day, I installed an extra day within the year just so you could get some more games played. You're welcome. lol
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Riley
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Nos operamur, te ludere
badge
"Life is more fun if you play games." - Roald Dahl
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. This is my goal anyway -- to log an average of one game a day. A game a day keeps ... uh, the game shelf from getting dusty.

UPDATE JUNE 15, 2016 -

June 20
May 39
April 30
March 35
February 35
January 54

TOTAL so far: 213.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kyle
Canada
Toronto
flag msg tools
Show me something that beats a natural 20 and I'll show you hateful lies.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have logged 455 plays since March...Pretty easy overall
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve B
Ireland
flag msg tools
badge
EZ FLASH 3 FTW
mbmbmbmbmb
Definitely! Easy! *remembers his wife is expecting a baby soon*... Yeah! 360 plays!*

*maybe 60
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jessica - the other one
Sweden
Örebro (at times Strengelbach in Switzerland)
flag msg tools
They are a treasure - I don´t need lots of them...
badge
Yay - Stretch goat!
mbmbmbmbmb

mbI'm up for it - count me in! mb
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Iachini
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
I mentioned this thread to my wife, and she was intrigued by the possibility. I made it less than halfway there in 2015, but my wife is very goal-motivated. Maybe we can do this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Helms
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! I feel very blessed having several board game groups. Reaching this number shouldn't be too hard. Since March 26th 2015 I've played 633 games.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Leo Chell
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Sure. I'll give this a go.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Mason

North Wales
Pennsylvania
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looks like a good challenge. I'm in!

Jan 41
Feb 37

Cumulative Total = 78
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Franco Antonio Regalado
Philippines
Quezon City
Metro Manila
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
This'll give me an excuse to actually start logging my plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Megan B.
United States
Oklahoma City
OK
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! This should help me along with my resolution to do a better job of logging my plays.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bruno Barkic
Croatia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
count me in! with 3 to 4 gaming events per week this should be no problem!whistle (i hope so )
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tony Cashman
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. I play mostly with my kids and mostly on weekends, so this will be tough, but we've been averaging 2x/day over the past week.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the positive response guys!!!! I hope you all enjoy logging a lot of plays in 2016. I started logging my plays on July 4, 2014, and I'm currently at 610 plays. I originally started logging plays so that I could show my main board gaming group that I do lose games. I provide and teach the games for my group, so that usually makes me public enemy number one when we play the games. lol. My main gaming group seems to think that me knowing how to play the games is equal to me winning the games. lol. So I started logging plays so that I could show them with hard evidence that on March 17, 2015, I did indeed lose a game of 7 Wonders with 5 players at Dallas Games Marathon. lol. See, I don't always win. lol. Then my friend Nathan and I decided to see if we could log 365 plays in 365 days and we did it!!!! lol. While we're on the subject of play statistics, does anyone know if there is a way you can see how many of your plays you have won and lost other than manually going through and counting them by looking at each individual play? That would be a handy feature to have. lol. I also wanted to say that I most likely will also create special microbadges for any people who happen to play 365 unique games in 2016 and for people who play a game a day in 2016. And if someone could do the behemoth undertaking of completing all three challenges (365 plays, 365 unique games,and a game a day) then I will most likely create a super special microbadge for them. I find that would be a very difficult task to complete, but if someone is up to the challenge, then they are definitely worthy of recognition!!!! lol. So, there is the update for today. If I decide to make the extra microbadges (which I most likely will) then I will edit the original posting to reflect the new microbadge goals. My wife and I are traveling back from visiting family in Phoenix today, so we have a lovely 17-19 hour drive back home to Texas, so if I'm not very responsive on here today, it's because I'm driving through three states. lol. I pray all of you are having a blessed and happy New Years Day, and I hope you're able to bring it in by playing some board games!!!! I closed out 2015 last night by winning a game of Ticket to Ride 1910!!!! It was a lot of fun!!!! What games are you guys bringing in the new year with?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Also, for the record, I'm in. lol

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Cody Alan Rushing
United States
Mount Vernon
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I should also probably make a New Year's Resolution to use less smiley face emoticons. lol (Doh!!!! I used one again!!!! This is going to be tough!!!! lol)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Erik E
United States
flag msg tools
badge
Roll Tide
mbmbmbmbmb
I've fallen out of logging plays, need to get back in the habit. I'm in.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rasmus Helms
Denmark
Aalborg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
GamerforGod wrote:
While we're on the subject of play statistics, does anyone know if there is a way you can see how many of your plays you have won and lost other than manually going through and counting them by looking at each individual play? That would be a handy feature to have.

You can use Apps for this exact purpose. I log all my plays through the Board Game Stats, an app for iOS. Easy to use and quick to set up. Highly recommend it. Whatever system your smartphone runs should support some kind of board game statistics app.
If you don't have a smartphone, there's always the possibility to find a pen and write 'smart' on the back of the phone and voila: a brand new smartphone.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam D
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've wanted to start logging my plays, so I'm in.

I've already played 3 games with my kids on day 1 so should I try to keep up this pace and go for 1,000? I'll go for 365 or 1,000, whichever comes first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
I think I can do this. If my count's correct, I played 285 games in 2015. But I joined a second, and more active, gaming group in October and I expect to play a lot more in 2016.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jerry
United States
Graham
Washington
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in. Twice.

366 The Hard Way
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Damian B
Australia
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmb
I'm in for this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Rowan
Canada
Ottawa
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm in! Game on! meeple
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [47] | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.