GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,144 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Recommend
 Thumb up
 Hide
15 Posts

MERCS: Recon – Counter Threat» Forums » General

Subject: USA and Australia is at the fulfillment center! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Posted earlier today on Kickstarter:

Quote:
Aussies have had Recon for a 5 days. They are off the next few days for the holiday, so the rest of the shipping will happen next week.

North America received Recon yesterday. They are processing the address labels and will start sending stuff out. I know they work over the weekend, but I don't know what that means as far as shipping Recon out in large numbers. We'll get an update from them Monday with numbers shipped.

EU 's boat is looking to get to port on the 5th. Supposedly, the issues that delayed the 2.0 materials have been worked out and Recon should be processed and shipped much quicker (and it isn't the Christmas season).

Have a wonderful New Years. Stay safe.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Di Ponio
United States
Lake Orion
MI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I am preparing my mind to absorb Recon! Really looking forward to playing this game!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike
United States
Olathe
Kansas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
JohnnyD wrote:
I am preparing my mind to absorb Recon! Really looking forward to playing this game!

I agree with the sentiment. I have not looked at the newest rules, yet. Waiting to be surprised.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
reaching out from the in-between spaces...
United States
Baldwin
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
What happened to their statement that the US fulfillment center would only need one day to ship out Recon once they received it?

Because depending on who they are using to ship, some carriers aren't shipping. For example, UPS isn't doing normal shipping on New Years Eve.
It also wasn't MERCS statement, they clarified THAT was the info they received from the fulfillment company.

Jorune

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Colin West
United States
Woodford
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
can i also point out how unreasonable it would be to assume this small team could move that many shipments in one day?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Callahan
United States
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
js379 wrote:
westcl2 wrote:
can i also point out how unreasonable it would be to assume this small team could move that many shipments in one day?

I agree, which is why I specifically told MCG that it was an unrealistic estimate at the time.

Which is why they specifically said that it was quoted from the fulfillment group when they said, "their words, not ours."

Either way; who says that a company (any company) starts a task as soon as stuff hits their dock,.... what if they are in the middle of shipping some other project? Even if the fulfillment company is able to do as they say and process everything in a matter of hours,... how do you know when they will start? and clearly not until at least next week.

Heck; they could have five or six other things that are ahead of MERCS,.... maybe they don't even get to it next week. This is exactly where you go wrong with unrealistic expectations,..... People ask for an ETA,..... and that's what the E stands for Estimated.

But it's funny,..... seems like you are going to be disappointed if you get it next week????? and you'll be happy if it doesn't show up until February so that you can get more entertainment out of giving it to MCG?

ah,.... I'll never get these 3 minutes back angry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Frank Franco
Australia
flag msg tools
You need a new hobby.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Now since it is a US fulfillment center, lets see how long the package gets here to me in Southern California. The countdown for will start on Monday. Ready set and go!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deansy Von ThunderLizard
Australia
Fundoora
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
badge
From the Internet™
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

Quote:
Aussies have had Recon for a 5 days. They are off the next few days for the holiday, so the rest of the shipping will happen next week.
Today Australians started t get emails with tracking numbers!!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Deansy Von ThunderLizard
Australia
Fundoora
VICTORIA
flag msg tools
badge
From the Internet™
mbmbmbmbmb
Deansy wrote:
Today Australians started t get emails with tracking numbers!!!
And today I got an ETA of next Tuesday (12th)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

Quote:

North America received Recon yesterday. They are processing the address labels and will start sending stuff out. I know they work over the weekend, but I don't know what that means as far as shipping Recon out in large numbers. We'll get an update from them Monday with numbers shipped.

EU 's boat is looking to get to port on the 5th. Supposedly, the issues that delayed the 2.0 materials have been worked out and Recon should be processed and shipped much quicker (and it isn't the Christmas season).

Have a wonderful New Years. Stay safe.

And today...

Quote:
Most of Australia has received shipping notifications. They are shipping Recon now.

NA Recon are being boxed today. They are supposed to be finished shipping out by early next week.

EU Recon are in customs. We'll let you know when EU fulfillment get the product.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron
United States
San Gabriel Valley Southern California
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well from that update guess mines would arrive next week. I will for sure do any unboxing for both boxes. Like I did for another kickstarter game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.