GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,109 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
21 Days Left

Support:

Ryan Hohlier
United States
flag msg tools
What... is your favourite colour? Blue. No, yel...
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was sitting here thinking about the New Year and what all it might bring and all of a sudden... It hit me. What is the first game I'm going to play of 2016?? This conundrum might sound a tad inconsequential, however, I argue it could possibly be the most important decision of the year. Just think of all the implications that come with this one massive decision!

Lets start a list.

Help me out.

Help everyone else out that has had this taxing decision clouding their judgment for the past weeks.

We cannot go at this alone!

Together we will flourish!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pete
United States
Northbrook
Illinois
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
New Year's Eve for me is a family night. I am looking at putting out Strike A Pose, Spyfall, Off Your Rocker, and maybe Timeline Challenge.

Pete (likes party games OK and doesn't play them very often)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Herrera
United States
Highland
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I was just thinking the same thing. I think I will start with Lords of Water Deep tonight
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Plaid Dragon
United States
Austin
Texas
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Just me with the wife and kids so... King of Tokyo

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Wilson
United States
Edenton
NC
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
The wife will probably be too tired to play, so it may be a solo night. Not sure if I want to do Mage Knight vs Agricola.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hohlier
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, we just finished two games of Mysterium with my wife and kids. I'm pulling out Dungeon Petz next.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hohlier
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
croooooow wrote:
The wife will probably be too tired to play, so it may be a solo night. Not sure if I want to do Mage Knight vs Agricola.

I have been dying to play Mage Knight. I play usually play solo and am really looking forward to this one. I actually bought it pre owned from a local shop but it was missing cards. I sadly returned it.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Keith czop
msg tools
mbmbmb
We played 5 games of Mysterium. Loved everyone!!!!!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
We played a game of Go Goblin, Go! with the kids. It went by quickly, less than half an hour and they enjoyed the theme. After that it was Survive: Escape from Atlantis! because my wife and daughter know how to play but I knew better. My daughter doesn't do well with direct conflict when she is receiving but she loves to dish. Finally after trying half a game of Dixit I called my wife back and played a full game of it and actually enjoyed it. I bought it years ago and finally punched it tonight.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hohlier
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Keith Zman wrote:
We played 5 games of Mysterium. Loved everyone!!!!!

everyone wants to be the ghost, lol!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hohlier
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Kjelstad wrote:
We played a game of Go Goblin, Go! with the kids. It went by quickly, less than half an hour and they enjoyed the theme. After that it was Survive: Escape from Atlantis! because my wife and daughter know how to play but I knew better. My daughter doesn't do well with direct conflict when she is receiving but she loves to dish. Finally after trying half a game of Dixit I called my wife back and played a full game of it and actually enjoyed it. I bought it years ago and finally punched it tonight.

Survive Atlantis is one I have been wanting to try. I have been playing DC Deck Building game with my son and he loves it. It's a super simple deck builder but def head to head. I think he would like Atlantis.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan Hohlier
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well, its official. It ended up being Dungeon Petz. I absolutely love this game and I would consider myself luck if this game reflects this New Year. Here's to a exciting, fun and silly New Year!!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joshua Martin
United States
Parkland
Washington
flag msg tools
baseman422 wrote:
Kjelstad wrote:

Survive Atlantis is one I have been wanting to try. I have been playing DC Deck Building game with my son and he loves it. It's a super simple deck builder but def head to head. I think he would like Atlantis.

If you play with multiple people and you are not diplomatic then survive will come back and bite you. She will sink her own boat to kill someone else. It is a simple yet solid game though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Netherlands
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
We played a game of Qwirkle

Now sitting with my daughter trying to figure out what to play first...

Long night last night so we're not moving too fast

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Japan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Already knocked out a couple of rounds of Animal Upon Animal with my boy.

For a somewhat more brain burny experience I am awaiting my copy of Mage Knight Board Game in the post. Might not actually play the thing straight away, but I shall certainly give the rules some bedtime reading and cross the fingers that osmosis sets itself to work

Happy new year everyone!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.