GeekGold Bonus for All Supporters at year's end: 1000!
8,220 Supporters
$15 min for supporter badge & GeekGold bonus
20 Days Left

Support:

Recommend

Thumb up
 Hide
8 Posts

Triumph & Tragedy» Forums » Rules

Subject: questions from game 1 rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Had a blast during the first game...a few questions

1. No stacking limitations yes??? We know about border limits

2. No VP's for Diplomatic alliances yes?? USSR had a huge amount of Satellites which led to an elevated score via RES/IND/POP but there are no other points.

3. USA CAN build additional units...they just get the bonus's in 42,43 & 44 yes? they can't move out of USA unless there is war declared with West/on west.

4. Did I read I can't build anything in India as the West..

5. I Strategic moved my fleet 6 spaces into India before a combat started next player turn - is that ok?

6. I had two tanks in France. He had 4 units in top of Italy and two in Rome. On my turn, I sent the tanks into the water as convoys and landed both in Rome (using LSTs allowing 2 units to Amb Assault. He failed to do much damage. On next turn, I joined a fleet with the tanks and eliminaed the Germans in Rome, taking my second Main/Sub capital (along with Ruhr) to win the game. Was this ok? (unsure why he never moved those 4 units down... I think it was to launch his attack on India)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marco Poutré
Canada
St-Jean-sur-Richelieu
Quebec
flag msg tools
designer
badge
Yes... I still like 'em 35 years later...
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkobla Conn wrote:

Correct, you're limited by the block mix but that's pretty much it.

Arkobla Conn wrote:

2. No VP's for Diplomatic alliances yes?? USSR had a huge amount of Satellites which led to an elevated score via RES/IND/POP but there are no other points.

Correct, as you say, the increase in Production Level is its own reward and indirectly represents VPs.

Arkobla Conn wrote:

3. USA CAN build additional units...they just get the bonus's in 42,43 & 44 yes? they can't move out of USA unless there is war declared with West/on west.

Yes, as long as it's a West satellite.

Arkobla Conn wrote:

4. Did I read I can't build anything in India as the West..

You can build Forts in its Territories, that's it, so be careful what you choose as starting blocks.

Arkobla Conn wrote:

5. I Strategic moved my fleet 6 spaces into India before a combat started next player turn - is that ok?

Not sure what you mean by "Next player turn", be mindful you can't start a combat right after Strategic movement so the combat you're talking about would have to be the following season.

Arkobla Conn wrote:

6. I had two tanks in France. He had 4 units in top of Italy and two in Rome. On my turn, I sent the tanks into the water as convoys and landed both in Rome (using LSTs allowing 2 units to Amb Assault. He failed to do much damage. On next turn, I joined a fleet with the tanks and eliminaed the Germans in Rome, taking my second Main/Sub capital (along with Ruhr) to win the game. Was this ok? (unsure why he never moved those 4 units down... I think it was to launch his attack on India)

How he would launch an attack on India from Northern Italy is puzzling but your scenario looks legit. This kind of surprise attack is usually doable by going last in a season and then first in the next one. Your tanks could not fire at all during the first assault so you indeed need to be quite lucky to pull this off.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
François Thibault
France
Paris
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Marcon wrote:
Arkobla Conn wrote:

Correct, you're limited by the block mix but that's pretty much it.

Just to be clear, don't forget the stacking limit of 1 for the fortress.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Ruzzo
United States
Manchester
Connecticut
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkobla Conn wrote:

I believe the specific rule is that you cannot engage or disengage during strategic movement. As long as you're not moving from a space containing enemies or to a space containing enemies, it will be legal as a strategic move.

Quote:

This is not legal. Remember that when land units move onto water they become Convoy units, which have a standard move of "2" and not "3" like the armor units on land do. You can only amphibious invade across a single sea zone. You could have invaded Sardinia, and then invaded Rome on the following turn.

[/q]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron Draker
United States
McLean
Virginia
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Plus only infantry units can sea invade--correct?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig Besinque
Canada
New Denver
BC
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Tanks can Invade (any Ground unit).

"Invading" is actually a handicap for Ground units: they can't fire in the first Combat Round, but other [ANS] units entering Enemy territory from a Sea area can Fire normally.

Craig
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rich Radgoski
United States
Gouldsboro
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb

Great responses - I think we did everything correct except the attack into Rome as we indeed forgot that tanks have a different move than convoys. I'll watch out for that.

I need to check the rule on Fortresses stacking..I think you mean you can only have one fortress on a space, which was fine - didn't break that rule.

My strategic move did NOT engage/disengage during it's turn..so it was ok.

Thanks all.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Benji
Switzerland
Gurmels
FR
flag msg tools
visit us on www.muwins.ch
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Arkobla Conn wrote:

Great responses - I think we did everything correct except the attack into Rome as we indeed forgot that tanks have a different move than convoys. I'll watch out for that.

I think you wanted to say "tanks have a different move AS convoys" (different from their movement on ground).
If not: No! All convoys (any ground units moving on water) have the same "convoy" movement of 2 (see Bridgers explanations above).
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.