Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
upandawaygames.com
United States
California
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
What the English translations are calling ducks would be more clearly termed "canards", that is a false report and a term which originally does mean duck.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Larry Chong
United States
Kendall Park
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I have played this wonderful game a couple times now. I have a question about the ducks. Can a duck be played on another player's photo?

I have the rules translation (posted here) and it specifically states that a duck can indeed be used on a photo. But, I have been told by other more experienced players that there are at least 3 different english translations that may possibly differ on this rule. Can anyone who translates German rules please comment on this?

Thanks in advance,
Larry

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jonathan Takagi
United States
San Marcos
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm also curious about this same issue.

I'm also not sure exactly what immediate effect a duck has on your paper. It doesn't count when scoring for largest section, right? What if the ducked section separates your section into two (or more) pieces? Are they now separate sections? Can they be rejoined?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fredrik Westlinder
Sweden
Örebro
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
You can definately put a duck on a picture (if it is outside of the headlines section). This would reduce the size of the corresponding article and cancel the points for the picture.

Furthermore it is my understanding that:
End of the game scoring for news section size is related to the total number of squares covered by a specific colour regardless of position.
Or to put it in another way; position of an article is important for placement and not for scoring i.e. if a duck splits a news section into two separate groups the total for both groups is still added together when calculating section size.

Fredrik

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.