Wake Island» Forums » General

Subject: A few more questions rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Mark Johnson
United States
Santa Clarita
flag msg tools
That's a Palm Pilot on the left, and a pink iPod mini on the right. Yes, I've been doing BGTG that long!
Just played today, and had some questions about combat assignments.

1. When bombarding, can an individual target (i.e. one counter within a stack) be specified? Rule 10.3 says explicitly that the American Coastal Defense Artillery (CDA) can target a single counter within a hex (or the entire stack, if preferred). The same isn't said in rule 10.2 about Japanese bombardment, but nor is it prohibited. Nor is it clearly stated for aerial bombing by either side, which uses the same bombardment resolution table. I would assume that all bombardment-type attacks can target individual units in a stack, which makes them all pretty powerful (though their CRT is almost toothless, so perhaps that balances).

2. If I have an active (not-disrupted) phasing attacker adjacent to two enemy stacks, per the third paragraph of rule 11.1 I know I must attack one of those stacks. If one of them is disrupted, can I attack that one and avoid the more dangerously active enemy? As I read the rule, that's legal. (Then, on my opponent's turn he'd have to attack my active unit with his active one, but his disrupted units cannot attack me.)

[This last may be a repeat of an earlier question here on BGG.]
3. How to air & flak combat assignments work?
...a) Can multiple air units attack the same hex (I think yes, and even the same counter in that hex per question #1, above). See rule 7.1
...b) If an air interceptor is placed in a hex with multiple attackers (per a, above), does each interceptor make air-vs-air attacks against each attacker? (I think yes) See rules 7.2 & 7.3
...c) If American flak guns are within range (3 hexes) of multiple air attackers, do they each fire at each attacker? (I think yes) See rule 7.4
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.