Thumb up
1 Posts

Legendary: A Marvel Deck Building Game» Forums » Variants

Subject: Custom Civil War set-up rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Roy W
msg tools
Format may be wonky-I apologize for not being more detailed about who I included in my test game, but I think there's plenty to go off of to make your own version of this.

This is a version of the Civil War within Legendary. Iron Man has travelled to Asgard to enchant his armor for the coming fight, just as the Hulk finds his way back to Earth. The Hulk, pissed off about being jettisoned away goes on a rampage, doesn't care if he hurts others in his path for revenge against pro-registration forces (hence bindings).

Meanwhile, Dr. Strange, Nick Fury, and Namor fight against the pro-registration forces who have captured and brainwashed Captain America into joining their side.

Sets needed:

Base, Villains, Fear Itself, Secret Wars Vol. 1

Dark City also helpful for more anti-registration heroes

Mastermind: Uru-Enchanted Iron Man
Scheme: Super Hero Civil War
Villains: I used The Mighty (minus Wolverine), Avengers, and various pieces from other villain groups to total 16 villains. Also, include 2x Captain America's from Manhattan 1610 (important!)
Henchmen: SHIELD Assault Squad or Cops

Dr. Strange
Nick Fury
Nul, Breaker of Worlds (representing pissed off Hulk, post-Planet Hulk)

Special Rules:

- After completing Iron Man's Master Strike, KO a hero from the HQ (not sure if it should be restrained more than that--maybe highest cost?)

- After defeating both Captain America 1610 villains, shuffle Captain America's 14-card deck from the base set into your Hero deck.

Just played this setup and it was awesome! We actually retconned a move--I originally attacked Iron Man and his 3 Uru-Enchanted weapons revealing (moving a scheme twist to the bottom of the deck) only to be scheme twisted the very next turn, depleting the hero deck. We undid the Iron Man hit and instead defeated the second Captain America that was in the city, allowing us to shuffle his cards into the hero deck, leaving us with barely enough heroes to survive the rest of the scheme twists. We still only won on the second to last turn as we faced off with 21 attack against Iron Man and 6 Uru Enchanted weapons--fortunately, the last villain to enter the city that turn had a VP of 4 (Black Widow from The Mighty), leaving only two SHIELD Squad members left in the villain deck, allowing us to win out with only 4 cards left in the hero deck.

While adding a 5th hero makes losing via scheme twist nearly impossible, adding a KO'd hero to the master strike helps balance that. I would also say that Uru Enchanted attack failures should result in a KO'd hero at least from the HQ, if not from your hand or discard pile.
 Thumb up
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.