Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
He was supposed to ship me a game from the wargame math trade in December. His last geekmail to me on January 7th said he was waiting for one more component of the math trade to complete then he would ship everything. He has not responded to any emails since then.

If you know him, or can get into contact with him could you ask him, or just get him to respond to this.

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
So no one knows him?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I don't know him, but what exactly does "he was waiting for one more component of the math trade to complete" mean?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
I don't know, but I assume he was waiting to get all the information from the other parts of the math trade. He had 14 items in the trade and 3 were traded.

Maybe I should talk to noddingoff and tgsparkey to see if they have had contact from him.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken B.
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
He should be responding to you. He logged on as recently as yesterday.

I note that he's in Australia, so make sure that there aren't shipping issues. Things take a long time to cross the pond.

If you can't get a satisfactory response from him--even to say, "Yeah, I goofed, it's going on the boat today"--then go here (but make this your last resort

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/geeklist/17839

Once you've decided to do this (essentially, when you've given up hope)--don't forget to leave negative feedback so that others can be warned about it in the future.

My guess? He's got a lot of games, and this trade probably slipped his mind. Try again to get a response from him, but if no dice, then you've got things you can do.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James Perry
United States
Spring Hill
Tennessee
flag msg tools
badge
Ex-Term-In-Ate
mbmbmbmbmb
mcpranno wrote:
I don't know him, but what exactly does "he was waiting for one more component of the math trade to complete" mean?

That sounds like he isn't going to ship until he gets the games he is supposed to get.

That, my friends, is not how a math trade works. Otherwise, games would NEVER ship.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mike Pranno
United States
Chardon
Ohio
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
That was how I read it, which would be VERY, VERY annoying once you consider what overseas shipping adds to that sort of thinking.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
Quote:
My guess? He's got a lot of games, and this trade probably slipped his mind. Try again to get a response from him, but if no dice, then you've got things you can do.

I have sent him a couple of geekmails, the last on the 29th. I sent some mails to his geek buddies as well, just to see if there is an underlying reason. For all I know he has broken his leg.

As for the rest of the components, I was thinking he may have wanted to only make one trip to the post office so he waited for all the responses to come in.

I don't know if there is an underlying reason, which is why I posted this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
robin goblin
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
Shit, I am awaiting a game from him in the same math trade. He accepted the trade, but hasn't clicked 'shipped'. I've sent three emails to him asking when he shipped and he hasn't replied to any of them....

Have any of his geekbuddies replied to you?

Robin

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
One of his geekbuddies has stated he knows him well and is forwarding him the email that I sent him (and half the people on his Geekbuddies list).

I fired tgsparkey an email too, and asked him if he has had any response from gomez.

Gomez was on today, as of 2007-02-06 17:23:12. So I am assuming he knows about this.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Russell Alphey
Australia
New Norfolk
Tasmania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Geekmail sent.

Note, I haven't been waiting for games to arrive before sending, in case anyone's wondering...

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
No worries, I was getting concerned.

No need to airmail it, we just want to know when our stuff is shipped

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
It has been a week, and nothing since he sent me a geekmail saying he would ship it out airmail to fix it.

I guess the only way to actually get any action out of him is to continually update this thread.

What really frustrates me is that I shipped my game within 3 days of the math trade closing. Myself and noddingoff have heard nothing but promises but vague promises like:

Quote:
I've been waiting one 1 trade from the math trade to complete details so that I can ship everythiung together.

and

Quote:
However, I will do so v. soon, AIRMAIL so that you will receive them faster than if I'd actually sent them last month.

Both promises seem to be empty, as there has been no communication with him except when I do things like geekmail his friend's list, or update this thread.

John

One last thing, Russell Alphey aka Gomez comes to BGG every day, yet he does not see fit to reply to geekmessages that are sent to him by trading partners.

Why is that?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
フィル
Australia
Ashfield
NSW
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I am the wasp / that burrows in! I am the shriek / of twilight din!
mbmbmb
I don't know the guy, but just FYI: airmail to / from Australia takes at least 10 days, often a few more than that.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
and that would be fine, but... he has not communicated that he has sent it, nor do anything other than state he was going to send it "very soon".

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Burt
Canada
Saskatoon
Saskatchewan
flag msg tools
mb
He has geekmailed me and stated he sent it out yesterday

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.