Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: identify [+] [View All]
Glenn Broadway
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
My Dad bought two games back from the US one year (mid eighties?). They were both published by the same company. One was a word game that had hidden grids of letters. It was a kind of pairs/boggle hybrid.

The other, and this is the one I am trying to remember the name of, was basically a turn based board game version of TRON light cycles.

The board was hex based, much like Ingenious but a little smaller. The plastic hex pieces came in two colours and featured a moulded arrow pointing to one of the six sides. The rules were simple. Place a hex down on the board with the arrow pointing to an empty hex. You are not allowed to point to a hex already reserved by the other player. You can travel off one side of the board and back on the other. The aim is to be the last player to move, by blocking your opponent in.

Ring any bells with anyone?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mark McEvoy
Canada
Mountain
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Sounds almost identical to Point-Blank, except that it was octagon based (well, square grid with orthogonal-or-diagonal 'connections') and not hexagon based.

And I believe your other game is "Dizzy Spell".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Glenn Broadway
United Kingdom
Eastleigh
Hampshire
flag msg tools
badge
Perfect! Thanks. No wonder my memory seemed a bit fuzzy... octagons not hexagons!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.