Hide
4 Posts

Asante» Forums » Rules

Subject: When you place an artifact, do you get to use it at that time? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Dithy Haskard
msg tools
Do you get to use an artifact as part of the action of laying it down? Or would that be a second action (one action to place it in front of a Holy Place, and another action to use it)?
Thanks in advance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Boyle
United States
Shrewsbury
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They are two separate actions.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Odrix
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
Hello.
mbmbmbmbmb
EDIT:
After rereading, I now see some ambiguity in the rules (common issue for this otherwise simple game). The first bullet describing artifacts says "If a player plays a 4th artifact to replace one they already have in play (i.e., they already have an artifact in front of each Holy Place), they gain the Holy Place instead of their opponent." (emphasis as written)

The rules do not explicitly say that you cannot replace your first or second, but because the example describing the act of replacement says 4th, I assume that you must have three out already to replace.
/EDIT

I will quote the rules only as evidence of their authority as I understand your booklet is not accessible (and there is no PDF or scan available online! shake (so many edits).

The rules say (on page four, sixth bullet under Artifacts) that “A player may only discard an existing artifact (regardless of whether or not it had been used that turn) in order to play a new one.” Hope that helps

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.