Subject: updated release? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I missed the KS but last I heard they were hoping for a December release, anybody know of an update?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I believe VPG just approved the final proofs. The printing will start "soon" and shipping to the US will be at least a month. Then a few weeks to get things shipped out. So, I would estimate March/April at the earliest at this point. This is just my speculation however, so if anyone knows any better, please jump in.

Side note: It is unknown if there will be any copies of this available via retail. Your best bet will be through the VPG website, and even that is not a certainty. Good luck.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R H
United States
Bethany
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Side note: It is unknown if there will be any copies of this available via retail. Your best bet will be through the VPG website, and even that is not a certainty. Good luck.

I hope so. This is the #1 thing on my lift for my April Birthday.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Looking for retail version as well...
Miss the KS shake
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
According to the "When" post, Alan already stated back in early Dec. that it will be the end of the first quarter/beginning of the second quarter 2016. So many new "when is this coming threads" even though there are a few on here already, just gotta do a little bit of reading to find out. whistle

Anticipation for this is overwhelming, I cannot wait either.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bigsixer wrote:
Side note: It is unknown if there will be any copies of this available via retail. Your best bet will be through the VPG website, and even that is not a certainty.

Has this been officially said or are we talking rumors and hearsay? Do you have a recent link?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Alan already stated back in early Dec. that it will be the end of the first quarter/beginning of the second quarter 2016.

That's what the man said.

Apparently, the presses have not yet started running in China on ZEDS, and I'm quite vexed about that that. We will be talking to our printer today (they should be back at work this week) in an effort to light a fire under them and get this ball rolling. This is taking far too long.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Maxfield
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
Alan already stated back in early Dec. that it will be the end of the first quarter/beginning of the second quarter 2016.

That's what the man said.

Apparently, the presses have not yet started running in China on ZEDS, and I'm quite vexed about that that. We will be talking to our printer today (they should be back at work this week) in an effort to light a fire under them and get this ball rolling. This is taking far too long.

Alan Emrich

Thank you Alan, for always being active on these threads and keeping us in the loop. Any comments as to the rumor above about how many extra copies will be available to the people that were not apart of the kickstarter but are just as eagerly awaiting the retail/VPG release?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Thank you Alan, for always being active on these threads and keeping us in the loop. Any comments as to the rumor above about how many extra copies will be available to the people that were not apart of the kickstarter but are just as eagerly awaiting the retail/VPG release?

You know, since they haven't started printing yet, that number is, strangely enough, still subject to change!

We've got some fast decisions to make!!

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zeta044 wrote:
So many new "when is this coming threads" even though there are a few on here already, just gotta do a little bit of reading to find out. whistle

Well I did do some reading but the last thread was over 2 months ago, that's why I asked if there was an updated release? whistle

Thanks for the info Alan!, sorry you are having "communication problems" with the presses
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
YM C
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Anxiety of waiting overtook me and becomes one of the zed zombie
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron White
Australia
Bathurst
New South Wales
flag msg tools
Bennett from Brawl
badge
Slow and Thoughtful
mbmbmbmbmb
I know I missed backing, but wanted to mention that while this is VPG's first Kickstarter, this kind of news is not new. It happens all the time for lots of Kickstarters, so if it is your first Kickstarter try not to worry about it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Boeren
United States
Marietta
Georgia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
For those who missed the Kickstarter - VPG just posted the other day on their Nemo's War KS that if you back Nemo's War they will give you a code to be able to order Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition at the kickstarter price.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
R H
United States
Bethany
Oklahoma
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:
For those who missed the Kickstarter - VPG just posted the other day on their Nemo's War KS that if you back Nemo's War they will give you a code to be able to order Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition at the kickstarter price.
Meh, I don't want to have to buy one game just to be able to buy the game I want

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Big Sixer
United States
Eagan
Minnesota
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
RruinerR wrote:
dboeren wrote:
Meh, I don't want to have to buy one game just to be able to buy the game I want

Totally get that, but check out Nemo's War, you might want to jump in on that as well, it's going to be great.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
if you back Nemo's War they will give you a code to be able to order Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition at the kickstarter price.

Plus shipping. I'm afraid that we can't do "free shipping" on ZEDS anymore, so let's be up front about that.

Quote:

No one says you have to. Granted, it appears that we didn't print enough extra copies beyond the ZEDS KS backers, but there should be some that make it to stores I should think. It will be a near-run thing, but for a while, I hope, ZEDS will be available in stores.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Hunt
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Alan Emrich wrote:

No one says you have to. Granted, it appears that we didn't print enough extra copies beyond the ZEDS KS backers, but there should be some that make it to stores I should think. It will be a near-run thing, but for a while, I hope, ZEDS will be available in stores.

Alan Emrich

Does getting a code from the Nemo's War Kickstarter guarantee we will be able to get a copy off the website?

I missed the Dawn of the Zeds Kickstarter and really want to make sure I get a copy.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Oliver Seidel
Germany
Hannover
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
dboeren wrote:

What about european backers? How much would the shipping to Germany be? What was the KS price?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Knepper
United States
Huntsville
Alabama
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
abersen wrote:
[q="dboeren"]What was the KS price?

$65 US [lower amounts reached their respective backer limits]
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Reed Lindner
United States
Conroe
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Eldritch Wonder wrote:
Alan Emrich wrote:

Alan Emrich

Does getting a code from the Nemo's War Kickstarter guarantee we will be able to get a copy off the website?

I missed the Dawn of the Zeds Kickstarter and really want to make sure I get a copy.

I would like to know if this is the case as well. One thing that helped my decision to kickstart Nemo's War 2 this weekend was the chance to get a copy of Dawn of the Zeds 3rd edition. I would be sorely disappointed if I did not get the chance to snag a copy upon release.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
trevor

Missouri
msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Fishbelly wrote:
Eldritch Wonder wrote:
Alan Emrich wrote:

Alan Emrich

I would like to know if this is the case as well. One thing that helped my decision to kickstart Nemo's War 2 this weekend was the chance to get a copy of Dawn of the Zeds 3rd edition. I would be sorely disappointed if I did not get the chance to snag a copy upon release.

I would think it has to, it would be incredibly dumb to get a coupon to pay for something at a slight discount a year or more from now (when the next print run comes through)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:
if you back Nemo's War they will give you a code to be able to order Dawn of the Zeds 3rd Edition at the kickstarter price.

Plus shipping. I'm afraid that we can't do "free shipping" on ZEDS anymore, so let's be up front about that.

Quote:

Alan Emrich

Given that you knew how many you needed for the KS backers, I am curious why you didn't print enough over that for full distribution. Is it a cash flow thing?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alan Emrich
United States
Irvine
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
mbmbmbmbmb
Quote:
Given that you knew how many you needed for the KS backers, I am curious why you didn't print enough over that for full distribution. Is it a cash flow thing?

No, it's a we-are-also-offering-Zeds-to-Nemo's-War-backers thing.

I have a feeling they might suck up a lot of the copies that would have made it to stores...

It's just a hunch. We won't know until the Zeds arrive.

Alan Emrich
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Guilly Berto
United States
flag msg tools
Alan Emrich wrote:
Quote:

No, it's a we-are-also-offering-Zeds-to-Nemo's-War-backers thing.

I have a feeling they might suck up a lot of the copies that would have made it to stores...

It's just a hunch. We won't know until the Zeds arrive.

Alan Emrich

I think you may be right, I know I am going to snag one...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jansson
Sweden
Trollhättan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
abersen wrote:
dboeren wrote:

What about european backers? How much would the shipping to Germany be? What was the KS price?

Did you ever find an answer to this? I live in Sweden, if I kickstart Nemo's War thats 81 US dollars including shipping.

What will total cost be with shipping for DotZ3d be? I'm thinking to much to be justifiable.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.