Mage Knight Board Game: Shades of Tezla Expansion» Forums » Rules

Subject: Tome of Relearning . any limits? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
Tome of Relearning questions

Can this Faction skill be used on skills you have flipped?

What about your cooperative skills that you have already placed in the centre?

Thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
If can replace a flipped/used skill with a skill that can be flipped/used, and I do so.

Is the replacement skill used/flipped or unused/un-flipped?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart_aus wrote:
If can replace a flipped/used skill with a skill that can be flipped/used, and I do so.

Is the replacement skill used/flipped or unused/un-flipped?
That's on the FAQ (page 15 of the rulebook): you can replace a flipped skill, the new one is unused.

About cooperative/competitive skills, I don't know. I'd say that you can't replace them when they're in the center, but AFAIK there's nothing in the rulebook about that.

Edit: After thinking about it, I think that you can also change coop/comp skills in play. The effect says that you can replace a skill, without adding any restriction, so why wouldn't you be able of replace a cooperative skill?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
Forward 1, Forward 2, Forward 3... siege attack 5?
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
I'd say any skill token in any state of use, and the replacement is gained ready for use.

Nothing specific in the rules to back that up, but without any specific limitations to the contrary, that's how I assume it must be used.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Related question: Could you use a once-a-turn skill, replace it with the tome of relearning, relearned it with the Circlet of proficency, and use it again in the same turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
Why for this life there's no man smart enough, life's too short for learning every trick and bluff.
mbmbmbmbmb
Don't see why not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Magnesi
Australia
Melbourne
Victoria
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Benkyo wrote:
Don't see why not.
well, you would be using a once-a-turn skill twice in your turn. I mean, I don't think it's that clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Kyo
Japan
Osaka
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I can't recall if there is any specific definition of once-per-turn skills in the rules that would prohibit that, and even if there were, it sounds like a situation in which card effects would take precedence. I wouldn't want to go down the route of introducing "memory" of use to tokens returned to the common skill pool.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bart Keys
Australia
flag msg tools
syzygia wrote:
Related question: Could you use a once-a-turn skill, replace it with the tome of relearning, relearned it with the Circlet of proficency, and use it again in the same turn?

Well technically it has not been flipped to it's unused state, that is an end of round function...

but I don't think it's clear.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
syzygia wrote:

Yes you can. It is treated as though you just acquired it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Box of Delights
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
designer
Visit me at www.boxofdelights.net
mbmbmbmbmb
Bart_aus wrote:
Tome of Relearning questions

Can this Faction skill be used on skills you have flipped?

Yes, as per previous answers and the FAQ.

Quote:

What about your cooperative skills that you have already placed in the centre?

Yes, absolutely. It is still your skill.

(Note for further clarity: You can only take a skill that is in the common skills area, so you cannot take someone else's skill).

Best wishes, Ricky.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.