Subject: Where can I buy this game (it has been sold out in Spoltter shop) rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nikola Mralj
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Hi,

Today I've discovered this game (because I'm relatively new to board gaming it was first time I heard about Splotter), after some reading and watching few videos I decided to buy game. Imagine my disappointment upon reading this:

Food Chain Magnate is our 2015 release. As of 4 january 2016, all three print runs of the game have sold out. We do not know if there will be a fourth print run in 2016.

So my question is where can I buy third edition of FCM ? (I live in EU, Croatia)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ian Wakeham
United Kingdom
Chester
Cheshire
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Not sure of locations closer to Croatia but BoardGameGuru in the UK has a copy:

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/food-chain-magnate-33456-p.as...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Mralj
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
batdog wrote:
Not sure of locations closer to Croatia but BoardGameGuru in the UK has a copy:

http://www.boardgameguru.co.uk/food-chain-magnate-33456-p.as...

Thank you for your info, shipping is unfortunately too expensive for Croatia (game is around 60 GBP, and shipping is 30 GBP). Do you maybe know any other sellers ?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Morten K
Denmark
flag msg tools
mb
www.google.com
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcelo Antunes
Brazil
São Paulo
SP
flag msg tools
Hey, mouseover!
badge
Hey, mouseover!
mbmbmbmbmb
https://boardgamegeek.com/geekmarket/product/853345
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Mralj
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
zepo wrote:

Thank you very much I'm probably going to order form this user
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Remember the game was not cheap to begin with. To the states it was nearly $120 USD like most other Splotter titles, depending on the EU to USD of the day. The Great Zimbabwe is another you might have a hard time finding, so if you are headed into Splotterville, save money and buy them all at once - Indonesia, Roads & Boats, Antiquity, The Great Zimbabwe, Food Chain Magnate are at the top of the titles.

Welcome to Splotterville, population increasing daily. devil

bordgameshop.eu for around 953.000 if that helps. Around 133 usd, which at this point is about right. If you wait, the price might go down, but up is the normal trend for splotter games, for a while.

250 usd for both roads and boats and food chain magnate
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Mralj
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
I have been researching Splotter games since I discovered about FCM, and I am prepared to pay money for them as (as you already said) price only goes up, but I find it waste of money to spend 50% of game's price on shipping.

I have managed to find store with cheaper game price and much cheaper shipping.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mralj wrote:
but I find it waste of money to spend 50% of game's price on shipping.

sometimes it is expected since most niche games come from halfway around the world to the USA: Splotter, Spielworxx, Treefrog, etc.

On the flipside, my game from Victory Point Games costs about 50% of price to send it to the EU. And most KS from the states have the same trouble. shameless plug, sorry devil
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nostra
Slovenia
Ljubljana (Colonia Iulia Aemona, Roman Empire 1st-5th century AD)
flag msg tools
John Company (2017) by Cole Wehrle, Sierra Madre Games
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.philibertnet.com/en/

Philibertnet has the following Splotter games:
75 EUR Food Chain Magnate
79 EUR Roads&Boats
29,95 EUR &Cetera (expansion for R&B)

Free shipping to Hrvatska (Zone 2) if you order 200 EUR!

Shipping:
http://www.philibertnet.com/en/content/9-shipping-and-deadli...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nikola Mralj
Croatia
Zagreb
flag msg tools
Nostradamus71 wrote:

79 EUR Roads&Boats

Shipping:

Unfortunately I have totally missed this combo on Philibertnet site when I was looking for FCM - I've seen that I can order FCM, but in the end I decided to buy it via BGG Marketplace from GiochinScatola.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
mralj wrote:
Nostradamus71 wrote:

79 EUR Roads&Boats

Shipping:

Unfortunately I have totally missed this combo on Philibertnet site when I was looking for FCM - I've seen that I can order FCM, but in the end I decided to buy it via BGG Marketplace from GiochinScatola.

they are very quick, good call. I once received a game from them, for cheaper than timewellspent, including postage, and within the week. I'm not sure they made anything on the deal. They must've had some lot deal that just needed a few more games to fill it up or something. The game was in high demand, newly released, hard to find. I was astounded, and learned some new words in Italian in the process of ordering it off their site. They might have English option now, but not then.

anyways, hope you enjoy it. Remember marketing before it is too late, it can make or break you in most cases. Also adding new houses is a fine achievement that can boost your totals if no one else capitalizes on your hard work ie. in a backwards way I'm saying "have fun, try new things, enjoy the game".
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kristopher Snyder
Taiwan
Taipei
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I lucked out getting both Roads & Boats and Food Chain Magnate a month ago (today) before they sold out. I want to get &cetra but I need to wait till there is more than one game I want so to save in shipping. I got both for around $177 (including shipping).

Splotterville residents, is Duck Dealer any good?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Devin Smith
England
Southampton
Hampshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Duck Dealer is very divisive. Some people absolutely love it, and others don't. In my experience, people that know computer science are in the former camp, and most people that don't are in the latter, but that might just be noise.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Wardell
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
May 25
badge
I think you ought to know I'm feeling very depressed.
mbmbmbmbmb
Excalabur wrote:
Duck Dealer is very divisive. Some people absolutely love it, and others don't. In my experience, people that know computer science are in the former camp, and most people that don't are in the latter, but that might just be noise.

That trend definitely doesn't hold true for my group. Though I am a programmer, and you can probably tell which camp I'm in
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jay W
United Kingdom
London
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Will this game be likely to be reprinted ever?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mikko Saari
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
http://www.lautapeliopas.fi/ - the best Finnish board game resource!
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, based on past behaviour, I'd say a new print run is pretty much guaranteed. When that's going to happen is another thing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ropearoni4 wrote:

they are very quick, good call. I once received a game from them, for cheaper than timewellspent, including postage, and within the week. I'm not sure they made anything on the deal. They must've had some lot deal that just needed a few more games to fill it up or something. The game was in high demand, newly released, hard to find. I was astounded, and learned some new words in Italian in the process of ordering it off their site. They might have English option now, but not then.

anyways, hope you enjoy it. Remember marketing before it is too late, it can make or break you in most cases. Also adding new houses is a fine achievement that can boost your totals if no one else capitalizes on your hard work ie. in a backwards way I'm saying "have fun, try new things, enjoy the game".

Well it is a French site so you didn't learn too much

I just pre-ordered the game from their site, are they getting a stock of the third print?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Nelson
United States
American Fork
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KronikAlkoholik wrote:
ropearoni4 wrote:

Well it is a French site so you didn't learn too much

I just pre-ordered the game from their site, are they getting a stock of the third print?

I was speaking of Goinchscatolla or however that is spelled. Just forgot to seque over to it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
kraasn wrote:
Splotterville residents, is Duck Dealer any good?

My limited experience with the game has been very positive. It feels like a Splotter to me, but still a little quirky. I liked the game enough to have bought it along with my copy of FCM.

It should be pointed out that the game has a flaw regarding player behavior. A player that doesn't want to play the game to win can easily break the game. Personally, nobody in my gaming circle plays games like that to begin with so this is really a non problem for me.

It's very cheap and it's an interesting design that has that unique Splotter flavor to it that we love.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ingólfur Valsson
Iceland
Sauðárkrókur
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ChillusMaximus wrote:
I liked the game enough to have bought it along with my copy of FCM.

Blessaður Ægir

Just ordered my copy of FCM myself, how are you liking it? We really do have the same taste in games don't we.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ægir Æxx
Iceland
Reykjavik
Gullbringusysla
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
KronikAlkoholik wrote:
ChillusMaximus wrote:
I liked the game enough to have bought it along with my copy of FCM.

Blessaður Ægir

Just ordered my copy of FCM myself, how are you liking it? We really do have the same taste in games don't we.

Sælir

Yes, that certainly seems to be the case.

Technically I haven't received my copy yet, but Sebastian(bongoHerman) has a copy from the first print run and I've played it a few times now and I absolutely love the game.

I have no doubt that you will really like the game.

And yes, the third print run is completely sold out. I don't think Splotter will bring out a new design this year but instead do re-prints of their catalog. Personally I'm going to get The Great Zimbabwe, easily the best Splotter game yet. FCM might see another print run, maybe not, I don't know.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
WJ C
United States
San Jose
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/49142...

$107 pre-order from MM. Free shipping within US.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Andersen
United States
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I wrote a note to Passport and they told me street date is 1/29
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
James
United States
Fort Polk
Louisiana
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
ruazn2 wrote:
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/catalog/product/view/id/49142...

$107 pre-order from MM. Free shipping within US.

Buying the game directly from spotter would cost me $98 Euro after shipping, which is currently $106.68. So for the same cost I can buy from MM and throw in any other games I want (such as $13 Codenames) with instant free shipping!

THanks for pointing this out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.