Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The publisher has made this case freely downloadable:
http://site.asterionpress.com/giochi/SHCI/SH_stefano_adriani...

Are there any Italian speakers who would be willing to help translate this?

I will gladly do page layout and graphic work to accompany.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bitchy Little Boy
Romania
Bucharest
Sector 3
flag msg tools
... I am disgusted and disappointed, but I still want to believe people can be honest and sensible.
badge
If am still here, it is only for the gold.
mbmbmbmbmb
Lazy question: is it indeed a prequel?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I tried pasting the introductory text into the translator on Google and it does a pretty good job - it makes enough sense to follow, I mean. I'm going to try the clue points tonight.

Unfortunately, it's difficult to proofread without spoiling the story. I will try an un-edited run-through, and then have a look at it again when I'm finished and see if I have make something that will work for others too.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm right there with ya...

Dom5 is helping me translate Sherlock Holmes Consulente Investigativo: Il Mistero dell'Impiccato

I'm translating as I do the investigation. I begin with Google Translate for each lead and we edit it from there.

After I finish the case I'll do the remaining leads then do the fancy layout using the Custom Mistery Pack.

I hope to upload the results.

Keep me updated. If you'd like a sympathetic proofreader or help with "making it look fancy ", I'm your guy!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I've done my own rough translation (with the Google translator) and plan to print and playtest it tomorrow evening. I will report on it afterwards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
I probably should have mentioned that my rough translation is for "The Hanged Man," which Dom5 is also working on.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David K
msg tools
mbmbmb
Great work! I would offer myself to play test it

Currently im doing also some translation work on some fan cases.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric Martin
msg tools
mb
David, which fan cases are you translating?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Eric,

There are several cases at various stages:

Dom5 and I are currently working on "The Diavolo Case" by Yann Gentil. He/we are done with the Newspaper & Intro, and are currently working through the clue points. Should be complete and shared in another week or so.

I have been in contact with the author of "Omicidio a Porte Chiuse", and he has given permission to post an English translation. The translation hasn't begun yet, but there are 2 Italian BGG users who have offered some limited translation assistance.

Also, I have a lead on the author of 2 other French fan cases published in Role Mag' (#3 - November-December 1990) and Role Mag' (#5 - March-April 1991). The latter of which I have ordered a copy of the original and it's transiting the Atlantic right now. Obviously, translation work hasn't begun.

(It is my preference to get permission from the authors before sharing their work, even if it is a translation of it.)

David
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Arsene Lupin
msg tools
kaosconman wrote:
Also, I have a lead on the author of 2 other French fan cases published in Role Mag' (#3 - November-December 1990) and Role Mag' (#5 - March-April 1991). The latter of which I have ordered a copy of the original and it's transiting the Atlantic right now. Obviously, translation work hasn't begun.

I'm a bit confused by this. Why do you need a copy of the original exactly? Isn't the online version enough for translation purpose?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
arsene_lupin wrote:
kaosconman wrote:

I'm a bit confused by this. Why do you need a copy of the original exactly? Isn't the online version enough for translation purpose?

whistle Ok, "obviously" was overly dramatic. The text of the cases are available online.

https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2012/03/04/octobre-1891/
http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2012/03/04/le-times-role-mag/le-ti...
https://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2012/03/04/le-cas-oliver-stone/

I ordered a copy out of curiosity: I wanted to see the source.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dave C
United States
Clifton Park
NY
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Translation complete.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Caviris
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
kaosconman wrote:

Nice! Thank you again for all of your efforts in translating and promoting SHCD fan cases in general!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stefano Adriani
Italy
Calolziocorte (LC) - Ispra (VA)
Lombardia
flag msg tools
designer
badge
I don't just enjoy life: I game-design it
mbmbmbmbmb
kaosconman wrote:

I wish to thank Dave for this wonderful work. When he sent me the result of the translation I've been deeply moved reading it. I wrote this case few years ago, and I never thought that one day it could be enjoyed by all people around the world (and not only italian speakers).

I'm really happy and proud to see this work translated in english. I hope you all will enjoy it!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Constantine Caviris
United States
Bayside
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
serkelion wrote:
kaosconman wrote:

I wish to thank Dave for this wonderful work. When he sent me the result of the translation I've been deeply moved reading it. I wrote this case few years ago, and I never thought that one day it could be enjoyed by all people around the world (and not only italian speakers).

I'm really happy and proud to see this work translated in english. I hope you all will enjoy it!

A special thanks to both of you! The original writing, translation, and formatting all seem to have been an immense undertaking. To do that and share it freely with all is a great act of kindness to fans of this game.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.