Popular Tags: [View All]
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hello I was just wondering what people are getting for an end game score using Dark alley?
I'm working on the much needed solo variant and just wanted to know what average scoring is, so I can add a difficulty level on the Automa.
I'll post the variant when I'm closer, it's based on Morten's Viticultre Automa
Simple, low upkeep and forces you to expand your strategy and thus knowledge of the game. Is the goal
Thanks
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Edgar O.
United States
Calabasas
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just played a game last weekend. 4 players using all modules (dark alley, magician powers, etc.) High score was 99, low was 85

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
Thematic Colors of Gaming Blog
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
watawatudo wrote:
Just played a game last weekend. 4 players using all modules (dark alley, magician powers, etc.) High score was 99, low was 85

Using everything a few times, top scores were around 110-115 in all but one of those.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SeerMagic wrote:
watawatudo wrote:

Using everything a few times, top scores were around 110-115 in all but one of those.

Yeah I've been noticing that it's really not that hard to get over 100 which is a little irritating considering the track only goes up to 100

Sorry I mean once you've played a few games and can see combos well on the board

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Gardner
United States
Kingston
Tennessee
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Mick_whyte wrote:
SeerMagic wrote:
watawatudo wrote:

Yeah I've been noticing that it's really not that hard to get over 100 which is a little irritating considering the track only goes up to 100

Sorry I mean once you've played a few games and can see combos well on the board

Excited to see what you come up with!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Mick_whyte wrote:

It's really not that big a deal. By the time anyone would go over 100 nobody is left at the bottom of the track, just start placing the tokens on the lower half again adding 100 to the score you get there. You won't get much farther on track so there won't be confusion about what your score is.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
danlicata wrote:
Mick_whyte wrote:

It's really not that big a deal. By the time anyone would go over 100 nobody is left at the bottom of the track, just start placing the tokens on the lower half again adding 100 to the score you get there. You won't get much farther on track so there won't be confusion about what your score is.

Yeah I know there is no chance of getting confused it just would have been nice if it went up 140ish.
But i know they didn't have the room.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem-Jan Wellens
msg tools
We played 3 games now with the power expansion and dark alley.

First game high score was +-140.
Second game ended on +- 160.

We just finished the third game, scores were:
166 (3d player)
172 (2nd player)
201 (1st player)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wjw01 wrote:
We played 3 games now with the power expansion and dark alley.

First game high score was +-140.
Second game ended on +- 160.

We just finished the third game, scores were:
166 (3d player)
172 (2nd player)
201 (1st player)

I feel like you all are doing something wrong.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem-Jan Wellens
msg tools
To open up your mind, consider this wombo combo:

Special Assignment card: workshop exhibition
You get fame for the coins you spend (minus 1) on the Market Row

Combine it with: trick (lvl 36) balsamo's skull
You get 3 fame for every red component

You have some money piled up by the end of the game. (you need 36 coins). Do a market row action on the 6th turn and order 4 red components.

Final turn: play the special assignemnt card. Let's assume you get 4 action points again. (+2 board, +1 apprentice, +1 shard) You buy (4*3) red components at 36 coins.

You score: 35 points for the special assignment and 36 points with the Balsamo's skull. That's 71 points.

Now we didn't actually have this combo wombo in our game. Someone just took +36 points with Balsamo and someone else did the Workshop Special Assignment card to get +10 fame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dustin Crenshaw
United States
Kentucky
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wjw01 wrote:

You have some money piled up by the end of the game. (you need 36 coins). Do a market row action on the 6th turn and order 4 red components.

Final turn: play the special assignemnt card. Let's assume you get 4 action points again. (+2 board, +1 apprentice, +1 shard) You buy 12 red components at 36 coins.

You score: 35 points for the buy action and 36 points with the Balsamo's skull. That's 71 points.

Now we didn't actually have this combo wombo in our game. Someone just took +36 points with Balsamo and someone else did the Workshop Special Assignment card to get +10 fame.

I've seen players do stuff like this plenty, I still haven't seen anyone in those crazy high scores.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem-Jan Wellens
msg tools
I'll PM you the magic.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wjw01 wrote:

Final turn: play the special assignemnt card. Let's assume you get 4 action points again. (+2 board, +1 apprentice, +1 shard) You buy (4*3) red components at 36 coins.

You score: 35 points for the special assignment and 36 points with the Balsamo's skull. That's 71 points.

I remember reading somewhere about 36 trick end game scores being capped at 12 points. Are you entirely sure its not per pile of red components?

Also isn't it minus one money per component?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem-Jan Wellens
msg tools
I remember reading somewhere about 36 trick end game scores being capped at 12 points. Are you entirely sure its not per pile of red components?

Not entirely sure about that one. But here is a thread about it, mostly talking about the possibility of a 4 components stack: http://boardgamegeek.com/thread/1504449/level-36-tricks-end-...

Also isn't it minus one money per component?

No, it says: total sum minus 1.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balázs Nagy
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
wjw01 wrote:

The rulebook says by the SA cards (20.p): "This bonus typically enhances a specific Action at the card's Location, and only applies for one such Action, even if the player takes more than one of that Action with the Character."

Workshop exhibition says: "You receive fame equal to the amount of money you paid for this 'Buy' action minus 1".

And the rulebook also says: "Buy (1 Action point): For 1 Action point, players may buy up to three Component of the same type".

It means: if you want to buy 4 different red components (1-3), it requires 4 actions, which means you are unable to use Workshop Exhibition 4 times, because it belongs to just 1 action. So it can give you a maximum of 8 points (if you buy 3 red components of the same type)

There are a lot of special assignment cards which could cause huge unbalance in "your way" (Magic Diversity, Ingenuity, Invention...) giving much more fame points, as the other SA cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem-Jan Wellens
msg tools
I see. Very good to know. It doesnt really influence our score of last game however, as the Market Exhibition was only used to score 11 points with, the player used it to buy 3 cogwheels and 1 oil. It would nock the 201 score, down to 198. Technically you could use the buy action on the special order, wasting 12 coins and scoring a max of 11 fame.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Mick Whyte
Australia
Gold Coast
Queensland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wjw01 wrote:
I see. Very good to know. It doesnt really influence our score of last game however, as the Market Exhibition was only used to score 11 points with, the player used it to buy 3 cogwheels and 1 oil. It would nock the 201 score, down to 198. Technically you could use the buy action on the special order, wasting 12 coins and scoring a max of 11 fame.

No you can't because that is once again two actions. One to order and one to buy. I reckon you guys are over looking quite a few small rule wordings (this game has heaps, it has a classic Kickstarter rule book shake)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem-Jan Wellens
msg tools
So you quick order it for 2 actions. Then you buy it for 1 action. It's actually 3 actions. The order is seperate from the buy though, so it counts as a 'this buy action'.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
wjw01 wrote:
So you quick order it for 2 actions. Then you buy it for 1 action. It's actually 3 actions. The order is seperate from the buy though, so it counts as a 'this buy action'.

regardless, the buy action the SA applies is 1 AP for (up to 3 of) a single component, so the most it can apply to is 3 of the same red component since that is all 1 AP of buying can get you. 8 points max

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Willem-Jan Wellens
msg tools
So you buy 3 red components on the 'quick order' slot paying (3+1)4 coins each. 12 coins. Netting you 11 points... (max ninja)

QUICK ORDER (2 ) : In some situations,
players can’t afford to wait a turn for the desired
Components. For 2 Action Points, a player
may place any Component on the Quick Order
slot in the Market Row (if the slot isn’t empty,
return the Component there to the supply first). That Component
becomes part of the Market Row’s stock this turn (for all players),
and can be acquired with the ‘Buy’ Action, but costs 1 additional
Coin. During the ‘End Turn’ phase, the Component on the Quick
Order slot is returned to the supply

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balázs Nagy
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
wjw01 wrote:
So you buy 3 red components on the 'quick order' slot paying (3+1)4 coins each. 12 coins. Netting you 11 points... (max ninja)

I think the Quick Order's +1 coin price raises the whole sum of the ordered components and not the single price (as the 'Bargain' Action lowers also the total sum of the bought components by a single Buy Action. So if you buy 3 red components of the same type [not with QuickO.] for 1 Action, and spend 2 actions to bargain, the cost will be 3x3-2=7).
By Quick Order it means, if you buy 3 red components through it, it will cost you 10 (3x3+1).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Désirée Greverud
Sweden
Stockholm
flag msg tools
Keeper of the Sacred Aardvark
mbmbmbmbmb
karacsonyfa wrote:
wjw01 wrote:

I think the Quick Order's +1 coin price raises the whole sum of the ordered components and not the single price (as the 'Bargain' Action lowers also the total sum of the bought components by a single Buy Action. So if you buy 3 red components of the same type [not with QuickO.] for 1 Action, and spend 2 actions to bargain, the cost will be 3x3-2=7).
By Quick Order it means, if you buy 3 red components through it, it will cost you 10 (3x3+1).

this was being debated in another thread and the conclusion was that the price of each individual component was +1 so buying 3 would cost +3, not the same as the -1 from bargaining.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David Turczi
United Kingdom
London
England
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
karacsonyfa wrote:
wjw01 wrote:

this was being debated in another thread and the conclusion was that the price of each individual component was +1 so buying 3 would cost +3, not the same as the -1 from bargaining.

I agree with Desiree and Willem-Jan on this one.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Balázs Nagy
Hungary
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:
karacsonyfa wrote:
wjw01 wrote:

Thanks, it is good to know. There is always a new rule for me too.

I'm debating if there is any player on the planet who played the whole game correctly (except of course the designers, official testers)

I have a feeling it is time for the designers to make an official FAQ about the whole stuff going on in the threads.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Licata
United States
Bel Air
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
DragonsDream wrote:

So the conclusion was based on the designer/publisher chiming in or just what people want to conclude. Because the way I read it I see it being +1 to to the total order and not each individual and will probably play that way unless it's answered by one of them.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.