Popular Tags: [View All]
Jeff Buckey
United States
Concord Twp
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm confused about when a player can play cards and what types of cards can be played. I watched the gameplay video put out by WWG and I'm even more confused now.

In the video on the first turn after the "attacking" player (Rob) plays his Champion the "defending" player (CJ) also plays a champion when Rob declares that he wants to end his turn. I thought the defending player could only play events and powers on the other player's turn?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brendan Lapsley
United States
Verona
WI
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I suggest checking out the flowchart.
It helped me out a lot.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Buckey
United States
Concord Twp
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I did that, it clearly says that the defending player can only play powers and events, but in the video (twice now at least I've noticed) they play champions before the other players (attacking) turn ends.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
If it's not your turn, there are 3 times you can play events, use powers, and play Ambush champions: when your opponent declares attackers, when you declare blockers, and when your opponent tries to end their turn.

At the end of Rob's first turn, CJ plays Strafing Dragon, which has Ambush. The Ambush power allows a champion to be played any time you could play an event. The most common use of it is to play a champion on the opponent's turn.

Strafing Dragon:

From the rulebook:

Quote:
Ambush: You may play a champion with ambush any time you are allowed play an event, even during an opponent’s turn. Remember, your champions are deploying (see below) until you start your turn with them in play.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Buckey
United States
Concord Twp
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks! That's what I've been missing!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Simon Taylor
Switzerland
Uster
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
valpocarnie wrote:
It helped me out a lot.

The flowchart does not include the final play champions step triggered at the " end turn" step though, so it's a bit misleading IMO in answer to the OP question.

Better is this sequence on page 2...
http://www.epiccardgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/EpicO...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Happy to help! Any other rules bothers?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Buckey
United States
Concord Twp
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
simondtaylor wrote:
valpocarnie wrote:
It helped me out a lot.

The flowchart does not include the final play champions step triggered at the " end turn" step though, so it's a bit misleading IMO in answer to the OP question.

Better is this sequence on page 2...
http://www.epiccardgame.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/06/EpicO...

That's what was throwing me off. It makes total sense now. Just haven't learned the powers or what they mean enough yet.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeff Buckey
United States
Concord Twp
OH
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
greylag wrote:
Happy to help! Any other rules bothers?

Not at the moment. Gonna try it again though and I will post back here if anything else comes up.

Thanks again for your help!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Pr1celess
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Can someone explain me which side in battle choose targets to break?
For example:
This is my turn, I attack with 3 champions, my opponent block me with 3 champions. Who choose targets to be break? Defender or attacker?
Can attacker make damage to defender champion "A"and defender "A" to attacker "B" (not the first one)? *Look at picture

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Both attacker and defender have a "pool" of damage, basically the combined attack of all your champions. You can distribute that pool however you like, and so can the defender. Generally you'll distribute it to break as many champions as possible though you may occasionally have other priorities.

So everything in your picture is completely possible. Defender chooses where to draw the blue lines and attacker where to draw the red lines.

From the rules, p14:

Quote:
Attacking champions deal damage to blocking champions (or to the defending player if the attack wasn’t blocked). Blocking champions deal damage to attacking champions. The player who controls a champion decides where it deals its damage. They may split damage up however they like.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sergey Pr1celess
Russia
Moscow
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks a lot!
For me wording of this rule should be described better.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.