Taed Wynnell
United States
Sunnyvale
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Anyone have any clever suggestions on how to pack it? I got the deluxe version with wooden pieces. I'd rather keep the extra cardboard tokens with the game, but I might have to scuttle them! Even with that, it seems like it will be too small.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andy Burgess
United Kingdom
Cambridge
Cambridgeshire
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Take a look at this image.

Full disclosure: I haven't gotten around to trying this myself yet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Tyrone ..................
United States
Salt Lake City
Utah
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I thought the same thing and my deluxe components wouldn't fit either. I just kept the shipping box to keep everything in and chalked it up to another check mark against Game Salute.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Sexton
United States
Silver Lake
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Taed wrote:
Anyone have any clever suggestions on how to pack it? I got the deluxe version with wooden pieces. I'd rather keep the extra cardboard tokens with the game, but I might have to scuttle them! Even with that, it seems like it will be too small.

I have a review I'm working on writing and this was going to be my first complaint. I HATE shallow game boxes. If your game uses cards and boards, it should be deep enough to comfortably fit all game boards AND a deck box sitting on top of the boards. The box is extremely sturdy, and I like that, but I have a plano box holding all the chits that I keep outside the box and then I have bags holding the cards (which I hate doing with a fiery passion.

IMHO, the box is a total failure.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Purple TripleCrown
Canada
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I also bought the deluxe version of the game. I was able to pack everything in the box (regular and deluxe components), until I sleeved the cards. I used UltraPro ProFit sleeves (which admittedly, are thicker than some other sleeves), as I found that the thin cards were curling significantly once I used them in a game. The sleeves fixed that problem, but made it impossible to get all the components back in the box, even if I left all the standard cardboard tokens and spues out of the box.

As a result, I think I'll make up a "companion" box to hold the wooden tokens and use the main box for everything else.

Luckily, this is really my only complaint with the game, as it has been enjoyable to play and easy to teach.

Too bad about the box, but it will probably only affect those with the wooden deluxe components.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.