Popular Tags: [View All]
Jon Vallerand
Canada
St-Basile-Le-Grand
Quebec
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm thinking about trying that next time I play. Being dealt a solid combo, especially early on, can be a huge boon, and drafting takes away that randomness. Plus, it would allow the players to start with more low cards, or more high cards, instead of 2-2-2.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Fabrice Castellon
France
flag msg tools
mbmb
Very good idea. I'll do it next time.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kin
Canada
Etobicoke
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Yes, our group has does this, but only draft for the first round. It adds very little time to the game.

Because almost every player tends to do the unification action for most of their first round cards, being randomly dealt 6 great cards can be a real boon. Drafting one card at a time mitigates this.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jacob Lee
Canada
Victoria
British Columbia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Not drafting, but giving each player a set of 10 cards in each colour at the start of the game. When a round starts, each player picks 2 cards of each colour to take into the round. Do the same thing each round and when you get to round 5 you will only have 2 cards of each colour left.

We didn't do this at the beginning of the game because someone was saying it's too much information to handle, but soon after they were complaining about not having a particular type of card (I think it was the get a free worker card) so I suggested again we start doing the variant. We quite liked it because it gave us a little bit more planning or maybe the illusion of planning because I don't think it changed the game much. It was just a fun thing to try.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.