Popular Tags: [View All]
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
When discarding cards from your hand as a result of playing the "Men in Black" card, do these cards go into the Tabloid stack, in the Unknown stack (and, if so, at the top or bottom of that stack), or are they removed from the game entirely?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Sauer
United States
Hamilton Square
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.shootagaingames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
Cards are always discarded to the top of the Tabloids. If you see the word "discard" that means the Tabloids. From the rulebook "...to start a discard pile (hereafter referred to as the Tabloids)."

The rulebook I sent you has some clarifications. 3.3 is the most up to date.

The biggest clarification was that cards are always played in front of the player playing them even if they are strengthening someone else's conspiracy. This is not directly stated in earlier rule books (though it should be clear after reading the rulebook). If you want, I can send you the final rulebook with art and all as it is done now.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
diane1962 wrote:
The biggest clarification was that cards are always played in front of the player playing them even if they are strengthening someone else's conspiracy. This is not directly stated in earlier rule books (though it should be clear after reading the rulebook).

Wow, that's a HUGE change! And no, the latest (v3.3) iteration of the rules didn't really make that clear.

I don't want to be overly critical, but your rules could really use some tightening. There are several elements that aren't immediately obvious and can only be discerned through inference instead of being explicitly stated (the situation described above being a good case in point). I've learned through personal experience as a designer/developer for VPG that if you don't spell something out in great detail it's an almost sure-fire guarantee that someone will misinterpret your intent.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Diane Sauer
United States
Hamilton Square
NJ
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
www.shootagaingames.com
mbmbmbmbmb
That is not a change at all as it was always that way, but like I said it was not explicitly stated in the rulebook.

We had a professional (He used to write procedures for computer manuals and he is a long time gamer) go over the rulebook. The final rulebook is definitely different than what you have which is a couple of months old and before he did his thing. I will send it to you.

If you have any further questions, just yell!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance McMillan
United States
Lakebay
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
diane1962 wrote:
If you have any further questions, just yell!

Thanks. And just to clarify, my comments weren't meant as criticism -- I think this is a very clever little design and am really looking forward to playing it.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.