Subject: Using minis from other "books"? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
Look to the past and learn for the future.
badge
Hopefully moving back to Colorado again soon. Here we go family, next new adventure!
mbmbmbmb
The question I have is has anyone used minis from Mice and Mystics: Downwood Tales and/or Tail Feathers to replace the markers? If so which for what?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
not sure if this is what you're asking, but i use Malodor from Downwood Tales as a standin for Vurst, so he's more obvious (and i don't have to use the little marker for him)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
Hopefully moving back to Colorado again soon. Here we go family, next new adventure!
mbmbmbmb
dr00 wrote:
not sure if this is what you're asking, but i use Malodor from Downwood Tales as a standin for Vurst, so he's more obvious (and i don't have to use the little marker for him)

This is my exact question. I was thinking of using the rat ground units for "elite rats" in Sorrow and Remembrance, and was looking for other tweaks as you mentioned.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Joseph Arthur Ellis
United States
Ashland
Ohio
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
jeRm! wrote:
dr00 wrote:

This is my exact question. I was thinking of using the rat ground units for "elite rats" in Sorrow and Remembrance, and was looking for other tweaks as you mentioned.

Snag's Commando's from Tail Feathers would indeed make great elite rats.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Brown
New Zealand
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
jeRm! wrote:
dr00 wrote:

yeah, i just bought Tail Feathers (it's finally available here in NZ!), and that was my first reaction after opening the box

i haven't had a chance to go back and play since buying it though, but i'll definitely be doing this

also as an aside, i usually hoard all of the general tokens together, like cheese, dice, personal achievements, etc.
only very specific stuff goes into piles on its own, like the weather stuff from Downwood Tales or the story things from Sorrow and Remembrance
i've also opened up all available heroes and abilities for any version of the game i play. i like having options :3
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Carmen Cerra
United States
Ames
IA
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Oh yes. I was hoping, in fact, that they would release the ground units as a separate pack so I could buy some of those commandos to serve as elite rats.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lance Ford
United States
California
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
joepinion wrote:
jeRm! wrote:
dr00 wrote:

Right on.. I was also thinking of Malodor as a Vurst stand in... he totally looks like the picture of Vurst in the storybook, (minus the cape).

And my game group is playing S&R chapter 6 tomorrow... going to use Snag's Commando's as the Elite Rats as well. So far, the Commando's are the only minis I have painted from TF... just so I could use them for the elites.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Exit 191
United States
Buckeye
Arizona
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmb
Looking ahead, I plan on using Malodor as a stand in for Blackpaw in Mice and Mystics: Lost Chapter – The Ghost of Castle Andon as well.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Channell
Australia
Townsville
Queensland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I use my Capt Vurst mini for Capt Vurst... whistle
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.