mbmbmbmbmb
Back Where You Belong
Games4Games, GC-20+, US-50
Shipping Math Trade

Dates
- Submissions close: Thursday, January 14, 2016 11:00 PM EST
- Wants due: Sunday, January 17, 2016, 11:00 PM EDT
- Results posted: Shortly Thereafter

Trade Geeklist: [LOCKED] Back Where You Belong | Games4Games, GC-20+, US-50 Shipping Math Trade
Request Geeklist: [LOCKED] Back Where You Belong | Games4Games, GC-20+, US-50 Shipping Math Trade [REQUESTS]

For all its warts, the OLWLG is still the platinum standard for math trade processing. After a brief detour to test a new system, bringing a followup (leftovers, cleaning out the fridge) math trade back where it belongs: the OLWLG.

This is primarily a games for games math trade. However, gift cards are allowed this time (per BGG rules and conditions below).

SPECIAL DISTINCTIVES (full rules below)

This is a games for games math trade. All items must be board games, RPGs or board game accessories.
NO DVDs or BluRays.
NO Video Games, Video Game Systems, or Controllers.
GIFT CERTIFICATES ARE ALLOWED PER THESE TERMS:
Trades involving a GC are subject to the new BGG policy: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)
Gift certificates as MAIN ITEMS must be $20 $10 or greater in value.
You may add ONE Gift Certificate of up to $10 in value as a sweetener to any game listing. Other game related sweeteners are allowed per normal rules.
Geek Gold IS ALLOWED. Per JeffyJeff's request as designer of the OLWLG, Entries of GG only are allowed.
The entire USA is the same for shipping. In most cases, shipping to CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii, and APO/FPO addresses is nearly always the same price, especially with USPS flat rate shipping. Many have copy/paste descriptions of "CONUS only" so be sure to update your listings accordingly so they are not blank-listed.
Traders are expected to subscribe to their own GeekList items as they list them and respond promptly and publicly to any questions asked. Any confusion over the item being traded MAY result in it being invalidated in the trade.

MATH TRADE RULES

SHIPPING
1. All shipping costs are covered by the person listing the item. You must have a U.S. address to receive games. There will be no international shipping of items. The REQUIREMENT is that you will ship for free to all US and APO/FPO addresses.

1a. The entire USA the same for shipping. In most cases, shipping to CONUS, Alaska, Hawaii, and APO/FPO addresses is nearly always the same, especially with USPS flat rate shipping.

OLWLG REQUIRED
2. Use of the On-Line Want List Generator (OLWLG) http://bgg.activityclub.org/olwlg/ is required for this event.

DELETION OF ENTRIES
3. RULE CHANGE: You may now delete your items from the GeekList for any reason up until the list is locked down.

Do NOT delete any entries or sweeteners after they have been listed. You can always submit a blank want list for an entry if you've traded it away before the deadline or decided to keep that item.

3a. If you wish to remove an item for consideration OR need to reduce an item's perceived value from the original listing (older edition, condition issues, remove a sweetener, etc.) do as follows:

Change the item to "Outside the Scope of BGG"
Change the full description to +altname+ ITEM REMOVED -altname-
Relist the item correctly if desired.

ITEMS ALLOWED
4. This is a Games For Games Trade. Therefore board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items are allowed. Other items such as DVDs/BluRays, video games, video game systems, books, and gift certificates are NOT allowed in this math trade except as noted below.

Gift Certificates added AS A MAIN ITEM must be [u]$20 $10 or greater in value.

You may include ONE Gift Certificate AS A SWEETENER to a game item to bring up its perceived value. GCs added in this manner may not exceed $10 in value.

Any fees due BGG for GCs are the responsibility of the person RECEIVING the GC. DETAILS: Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

Other game related sweeteners are still allowed.

ITEM DESCRIPTION
5. You must describe, as accurately as possible, the condition of both the components and box, language and edition of your item and any sweeteners. You must also inventory the game's components and list anything missing and/or damaged. If you do not, the game is expected to be complete, in like-new condition and be the most recent English edition. You are also responsible for packaging and sending your game correctly -- any damage incurred in the course of shipping must be addressed and resolved by the sender. In other words, if you do not adequately package your game, and it arrives damaged, the onus is upon YOU to correct the matter to the satisfaction of the recipient, which may include up to replacing the damaged item with a new one that is not damaged. Please see the link below for some helpful tips about shipping.

5a. an item's condition can be changed for the better or worse until the list is locked down. No more required deleting the old entry and relisting (unless you just want to). The item is not final until the list is locked down. So early want list makers will need to make sure no items they want have been modified such that they no longer want them. So again, stressing SUBSCRIBE TO ITEMS OF INTEREST when you see them on the GeekList to get notified of changes.

6. Sweeteners are to be listed using the "Insert Geek Link" dropdown or you can manually insert the GAMEID using BGG formatting. If you don't use this format your sweeteners won't show up in the OLWLG properly. Do NOT list any item, using a Geek Link if that item is itself not included in the offering. The OLWLG will pick this up as an item that is being included. Similarly, if you are listing something which is a component, promo, or accessory of a game, list it either with its own BGG entry or using “Outside the Scope of BGG”. DO NOT LIST IT AS THE ITEM, IF YOU DO SO THE WANTLIST FOR THAT ITEM WILL BE BLANKED TO AVOID CONFUSION.

LISTER OBLIGATION TO RESPOND
7. You are required to periodically check your entries for comments and respond to them appropriately. The OLWLG will let you know if any of your items have unanswered comments. If you need to add a comment which can in any way be construed as "lessening" the value or desirability of the game, you should instead edit the entry to blank it out and re-enter it. This also goes for edits of the main item. Any downgrades of an item after it has been posted will not be tolerated and may result in that item's want list being blanked by the moderator, at the moderator's discretion.

MODERATOR RESPONSIBILITY
8. Only errors by the moderator will invalidate the results. In the case that there is a problem after the results are posted, the trade will be re-run with the issue addressed.

9. Decisions to anything that comes up regarding this math trade are decided by me. If you do not agree to me making such decisions, then don't participate in the math trade.

10. If you have demonstrated the propensity to be a bad trader in another math trade previously run by me, I reserve the right to ask you to not participate, and if you do participate, I reserve the right to blank out your want lists. I highly doubt this will impact anyone, but as there have been a few "bad traders", they will not be permitted to be involved with this one.

ARBITRAGE
11. (RULE KEPT, BUT SHOULD NOT BE AN ISSUE) No geekgold or gift certificate arbitrage. You may not put geekgold on the want list for your geekgold entry, and you may not put a gift certificate on the want list for your gift certificate entry. There are no exceptions. Any occurrences of arbitrage of either GG or GCs in the end results will result in that user's entire wantlist for all entries to be removed.

PARTICIPANT OBLIGATIONS
12. Timeframe. By entering into this Math Trade, you are committing to being available to ship your items out in a timely fashion. It is expected that within one (1) week of the results being finalized, you will submit all of your trade requests to the individuals receiving your games. Do NOT submit any trade requests until the results have been announced as permanent or official by the Trade Moderator, to allow for time for potential issues to be resolved. It is also expected that within (2) weeks of the trade results being posted or within (1) week of receiving a trade confirmation for your outgoing game you will ship the game to your recipient. Similarly, if you are due to receive a game, you are required to respond to the trade request within two (2) weeks time. If after this time you have not acknowledged the trade request and provided your trade partner with your address, you shall forfeit the item. Obviously, emergencies come up, but if something happens that deviates from this time frame, please communicate that. This is a guideline; if your trade partner is willing to hold your game for an additional period of time, that is up to them, but must be agreed upon.

13. PLEASE BE AWARE THAT ENTERING INTO THIS MATH TRADE IS A COMMITMENT TO TRADE THE ITEMS THAT YOU ARE INDICATING YOU ARE WILLING TO TRADE FOR YOUR ITEM. IT IS YOUR RESPONSIBILITY TO DOUBLE CHECK DUPLICATE PROTECTION AND CHECK BOXES. IF YOU ARE NOT WILLING TO TRADE ONE OF YOUR ITEMS FOR ANOTHER ITEM, DO NOT INCLUDE IT IN YOUR WANTLIST. THE RESULTS ONCE POSTED ARE BINDING.

TECHNICAL INFORMATION
TradeMaximizer 1.4 with duplicate protection will be used
Seed = 20160117, Iterations = 50

USEFUL LINKS AND TUTORIALS
Math_Trades http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/Math_Trades- If you're new to math trades, follow this link to learn the ropes.
Math Trades for Dummies http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/287152/math-trades-for-d...- Another good intro.
OLWLG http://www.boardgamegeek.com/wiki/page/OLWLG- Read here for help using the On-Line Want List Generator to submit your want list.
Math Trade Video Tutorials http://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/568078/math-trade-video-...
Rahdo Runs Through Math Trades video http://www.boardgamegeek.com/video/32552/outside-the-scope-o...
Packaging Suggestions and Guidelines https://boardgamegeek.com/thread/196679/guide-packaging

Ask any questions you might have here. Math trades might look a bit complicated at first, but they're really easy and fun once you get the hang of them.

Happy New Year and Happy Trading!

Quote:
As the Abecorn Leftovers volume test trade has ended (and having a one-day rollover test as well today), I expect we'll see an increase in items that did not trade over there. Congratulations to everyone who made some trades there. Any trades are good trades (well except if you get a Justin Bieber game, no matter how much sanitizer is used).

As for the reason for this message.

DELETING ITEMS
If you listed items here already that ended up trading elsewhere, reminder DO NOT DELETE ITEMS FROM THE GEEKLIST. Last trade we had two total I belieb, but now we've already had EIGHT, including two last night. Big time pain for my bad item tracking (to insure no want lists are accidentally submitted). Probably a pain too for the few of you that still track by the geeklist.

To remove items no longer for trade all you have to do is the following:

1. Change the item to "Outside the Scope of BGG"
2. Set the description to +altname+ITEM REMOVED-altname-

That's it!

VERSION/CONDITION
I've seen several games listed with a completely blank description or no version and/or condition. By doing this you're saying the game you listed is the MOST RECENT ENGLISH VERSION in LIKE NEW CONDITION. if that's the case, then great. if not, you need to go review your listings and correct them ASAP. I leave a note, but many of you forget to subscribe to your listings (!!!) and don't get the notices.

Adding comments with condition is not acceptable. These aren't being carried over to the OLWLG.

To this effect then, each of you who may already be building your want list on OLWLG is responsible to review items you want for condition changes. Normally we require removing the first listing and relisting, but that's really a pain for such changes and really not trackable -- every single edit would almost need to be forced to a new item. If the item sent is as listed when the geek list is locked down tomorrow night, it will be considered a valid trade.

So listers check your listings. Wanted check your wants. Subscribe to items you're listing/interested in and get notified of changes.
Quote:
Sorry to spam again, but letting everyone know that we're changing on the fly to "ITEMS MAY NOW BE DELETED" from the Geeklist. This will be the standard going forward for future Math Trades (by me at any rate, I cannot speak for the other usual mods). Items already marked the old way I will be going through and clearing out. Any other items that have been flagged for violations and other causes I will leave UNTIL the lockdown. I might remove these or I might still just blank want list them to keep transparency ("Hey, where'd my item go???") kind of stuff.

This will make things much easier overall and reduce potential problems. "Needs of the many vs. needs of the one yada yada yada."

In addition, an item's condition can be changed for the better or worse until the list is locked down. No more deleting the old and relisting (unless you just want to). The item is not final until the list is locked down. So early want list makers will need to make sure no items they want have been modified such that they no longer want them. So again, stressing SUBSCRIBE TO ITEMS OF INTEREST when you see them on the GeekList to get notified of changes.

Thanks!
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Back Where You Belong | Games4Games, GC-20+, US-50 Shipping Math Trade [DISCUSSION]
There is currently running a leftovers math trade testing out a fledgling new alternative trade system. Discussion and details can be found here: [RESULTS IN]Out With the Old, In With the New US-50 Shipping Math Trade LEFTOVERS

As that trade concludes on January 12, 2016 before the submission period is over for this trade, they are not in direct competition. Feel free to try out that new system and help them get feedback on what works and doesn't work. If you don't wish to use it, you're welcome to take part here now. If you do, then when that trade is completed, any untraded items can be added here with plenty of time.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Re: Back Where You Belong | Games4Games, GC-20+, US-50 Shipping Math Trade [DISCUSSION]
The trade Geeklist isn't showing as existing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
rdonato926 wrote:
The trade Geeklist isn't showing as existing.
Still getting things ready before announcing.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Cristelli
United States
Milton
Vermont
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ah. Gotcha. Thanks for running this!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Yavorski
United States
Kannapolis
North Carolina
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Haven't decided yet if i want to try the abecorn thing or not but subbed to this and I'll be in for sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:

ITEMS ALLOWED
4. This is a Games For Games Trade. Therefore board and card games, BGG-related items, RPG items are allowed. Other items such as DVDs/BluRays, video games, video game systems, books, and gift certificates are NOT allowed in this math trade except as noted below.

You may include ONE Gift Certificate AS A SWEETENER to a game item to bring up its perceived value. GCs added in this manner may not exceed $10 in value.

Any fees due BGG for GCs are the responsibility of the person offering the GC. Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

Does this GC sweetener rule need to be updated, given that you are generally allowing GC as items in this trade?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Ashburn
Virginia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for doing this Kevin! I'm not opposed to Abecorn, but right now I don't have time to learn a new system. I took a look and subscribed to Abecorn but it wasn't intuitive.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
nadurgin wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

ITEMS ALLOWED

Any fees due BGG for GCs are the responsibility of the person offering the GC. Cash Value Trades in Math Trades (and how to make a geek market listing for them)

Does this GC sweetener rule need to be updated, given that you are generally allowing GC as items in this trade?
No... the sweetener is still the same.

I left out the main item rule as in the summary above, so thanks.

Gift Certificates added AS A MAIN ITEM must be $20 or greater in value.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nancy Durgin
United States
Tijeras
New Mexico
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
nadurgin wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

ITEMS ALLOWED

No... the sweetener is still the same.

I left out the main item rule as in the summary above, so thanks.

Gift Certificates added AS A MAIN ITEM must be $20 or greater in value.
Okay cool. I just thought it might be a copy paste thing. I don't personally care what the GC rules are
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chris Smolen
United States
Portland
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The trade is showing up under the "Other Active No-Shipping Math Trade(s)" section on OLWLG.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
klkitchens wrote:
There is currently running a leftovers math trade testing out a fledgling new alternative trade system. Discussion and details can be found here: [RESULTS IN]Out With the Old, In With the New US-50 Shipping Math Trade LEFTOVERS

As that trade concludes on January 12, 2016 before the submission period is over for this trade, they are not in direct competition. Feel free to try out that new system and help them get feedback on what works and doesn't work. If you don't wish to use it, you're welcome to take part here now. If you do, then when that trade is completed, any untraded items can be added here with plenty of time.
Mmm. This still feels wrong, to even overlap the other one just because it's testing a different system. Seems at least a bit rude. Was there a reason to not do this one AFTER the other ended?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

Mmm. This still feels wrong, to even overlap the other one just because it's testing a different system. Seems at least a bit rude. Was there a reason to not do this one AFTER the other ended?
yeah, confusing to me too. I wasn't sure the Abecorn trade was a test since I'd used Abecorn before for a WBC no ship trade.

I have some items out there on Abecorn and I guess this one ends well after that one? I don't have that link handy to see when it ends.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben R
United States
Henderson
Nevada
flag msg tools
Why play 'em when you can trade 'em?!?!
badge
And on the 8th day, God said "Let there be Math Trades"
mbmbmbmbmb
It's not a "test". Due to the fact that there were some glitches yesterday, which were almost immediately fixed, hordes of people jumped ship.

It's hilarious to me that a hobby that is centered around the "new & innovative" is afraid of a few growing pains to try something new.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Craig.
United States
Cincinnati
Ohio
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
sigtaulefty wrote:
Espinoza wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

yeah, confusing to me too. I wasn't sure the Abecorn trade was a test since I'd used Abecorn before for a WBC no ship trade.

I have some items out there on Abecorn and I guess this one ends well after that one? I don't have that link handy to see when it ends.
The other one end on Tuesday 1/12/16 @ 8pm PST (11pm EST) which would only give you about 2 days to do participate in this trade, but items would have to be listed in both at the same time now in case they don't trade in the other. In the end, it could be a lot of duplicated effort and wasted time and the result is that most people will probably just choose to participate in one trade or the other. I'm not sure that's good for either trade.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steffan O'Sullivan
United States
Plymouth
NH
flag msg tools
The Geek? Yes, it's a good site. But - ah! You should have seen it before the rebranding! It was legible and a joy to read! All gone now, sadly, and so (mostly) am I because of it ...
badge
I'm sorry, I cannot read this site regularly while the intense white background is in effect. I have eye health issues, and this is painful. I'll still make brief visits, largely for trades and rules questions, but my socializing here is done for now
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
In the end, it could be a lot of duplicated effort and wasted time and the result is that most people will probably just choose to participate in one trade or the other. I'm not sure that's good for either trade.
This may be true, but for me it's not one or the other. It's this one or none at all.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt H
Germany
Hamburg
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

Agreed. It feels a bit rude and is certainly confusing...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:
It's not a "test". Due to the fact that there were some glitches yesterday, which were almost immediately fixed, hordes of people jumped ship.

It's hilarious to me that a hobby that is centered around the "new & innovative" is afraid of a few growing pains to try something new.
I still have my games there, but I will say I'm probably going to be a lot more selective than I was in the first.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
shigadeyo wrote:
sigtaulefty wrote:
Espinoza wrote:
klkitchens wrote:

The other one end on Tuesday 1/12/16 @ 8pm PST (11pm EST) which would only give you about 2 days to do participate in this trade, but items would have to be listed in both at the same time now in case they don't trade in the other. In the end, it could be a lot of duplicated effort and wasted time and the result is that most people will probably just choose to participate in one trade or the other. I'm not sure that's good for either trade.
Actually that one COMPLETELY ends on Tuesday.

This one ens for submissions two days later and completely ends on the 17th. No duplication of effort at all unless someone wants to -- which would be silly IMO. If you have items over there, you shouldn't list them here unless they don't trade and then you'd list them in the 48 hours between Tuesday and Thursday. Plenty of time and no competing or conflict.

We've had trades of different types overlap a little bit -- there was an RPG trade last year that was running when a regular MT started, but it was handled quite well and was a little tighter than this one.

However, this time is a very special case as there were many taken aback by the change in systems for a related leftovers trade. This was a perfect solution to the issue without actually causing any issues.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
BentlyCash wrote:

Of course that's not entirely true.

The "glitches" don't appear to be the reason many "jumped ship". It's the lack of a full feature set people rely on to do their trades.

As I've said, I wish them well and hope it works out. This trade should not pull anyone away who wants to try their system and when that one is complete, they are welcome to come here after.

No conflict at all. And it actually is a test per the developer. A test of the volume brought by a full shipping math trade. He's addressed a few issues that came up in the early stages.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randy Espinoza
United States
Chicago
Illinois
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
My point is that, as far as I know, there's nothing that requires this math trade to run before 1/12 when the other ends.

On top of that, as it is now, this one effectively sabotages the other one by removing any incentive from users to try the new system.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Brenny
United States
Montrose
Minnesota
flag msg tools
The leader is louder!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Max Jamelli
United States
Chambersburg
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
My .02 on OLWLG vs. Abecorn ... the one thing the OLWLG does that I really like is that is allows me to log in periodically and add my wants and the next time I log in, I can set it so that I only see the games that were added since my last want submission. Maybe Abecorn does that too and I just haven't figured it out ... but both systems are usable and not all that hard to figure out.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
mbmbmbmbmb
Espinoza wrote:
My point is that, as far as I know, there's nothing that requires this math trade to run before 1/12 when the other ends.

On top of that, as it is now, this one effectively sabotages the other one by removing any incentive from users to try the new system.
Not sure how you figure that.

There is absolutely nothing stopping someone from using that system first, wait until it ends, and then come back over here to take part in this one.

This actually gives them TWO chances to trade something.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2 , 3 , 4 , 5  Next »  [22] |