Fury of Dracula (third/fourth edition)» Forums » Rules

Subject: Are Sea Locations never revealed? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Truce Idares
South Africa
flag msg tools
mb
So Sea Locations are never revealed (flipped face up)? Even if a hunter moves into a sea location Dracula was just in or Dracs moves into a sea location a Hunter is in?

I find it odd and wanted to see if I'm missing anything. No wonder people complain about Pirate Dracula.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin O'Brien
Scotland
Falkirk
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
You are not missing anything. From the Rules Reference, page 11 under Sea:

If a hunter is in a sea zone that is a hideout, Dracula does not reveal that location card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Idares wrote:
So Sea Locations are never revealed (flipped face up)?

ALMOST never. Event card:

MONEY TRAIL
Play as an action.
Choose a sea location card on the trail.
Dracula must reveal that card.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ben Turner
Australia
Melbourne
VIC
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I think there is a card in the new edition that calls for Dracula to reveal his location if it is adjacent to the city location the hunter's select.

Given a sea location is by definition "a location" then it stands to reason that if a port city is selected, and Dracula is in the sea location adjacent to that port, then he must reveal his location at that stage too.

I must confess, I had assumed (from my 2nd edition roots) that it meant only adjacent city locations, but as worded I believe the card does reveal sea locations, whether or not that was the designer's intention.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stuart Maunder
Wales
Newcastle Emlyn
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
So you could use Newspaper Reports to reveal a sea location if it is in the 3rd, 5th or 6th location spots or Local Rumors if a hunter was in a port adjacent to a sea card Dracula had placed previously?

edited due to error

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Randal Divinski
United States
Natick
Massachusetts
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Hammerste1n wrote:
So you could use Newspaper Reports to reveal a sea location if it is in the 3rd, 5th or 6th location spots or Local Rumors if a hunter was in a port adjacent to a sea card Dracula had placed previously?

edited due to error

Agreed. MONEY TRAIL, NEWSPAPER REPORTS, and LOCAL RUMORS are the three ways that SEA LOCATIONS may be revealed.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.