Small World» Forums » Rules

Subject: Sorcerers vs. Diplomat rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Landrim Aarilas
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Does the Sorcerer ability count as an attack?
In the swedish rulebook it doesn't say that it is (and it doesn't say that it isn't either).

So if you use the Diplomat power on the Sorcerers, does that mean that they can't use their power on you that turn?

Personally I would say that it is an attack (you remove an opponent's unit after all), but one of my friends says that it isn't. Right now we're having troubles playing Small World at all, because each time this situation arises the game just grind to a halt and the whole group starts to argue.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jesse Rasmussen
United States
Bend
Oregon
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Yep, Diplomat protects you from any attack in any way. Special powers from another race don't override the Diplomat status.

Have fun.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eddie the Cranky Gamer
Canada
Edmonton
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
This is in the FAQ

https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/391216/what-we-know-so-...
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Landrim Aarilas
Sweden
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Thank you! Now we're gonna be able to play Small World again!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Danny Mack
United States
Menifee
California
flag msg tools
designer
Lefty / Happily Married / Parent of 2 Girls / Christian / Yucata User
badge
Smack dat Ghoulie, Mr. Trolla!
mbmbmbmbmb
apotheos wrote:

Which--to be fair--is a hot mess. It's almost a shame it's pinned; it's so outdated. I'd love to really do a nice one now that we've got all the answers (and we keep getting the same dang questions over and over again.)

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.