Dungeons & Dragons: Attack Wing» Forums » Rules

Subject: Attacking multiple units in a single attack rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ernst Fourie
South Africa
flag msg tools
Hi,

This has probably been answered somewhere before, but I am at work and my brain can't stop thinking about this.

Most breath weapons say something along the lines of:

"Make a separate X-dice attack against each creature in your forward arc"

Does this mean I roll 4 attack dice per creature, or do I roll 4 attack dice, adjust the dice values, and that result then applies against each creature?

The reason I'm asking this is, if you have to roll separately against each creature, you'd only have one chance to use your concentrate token, or only be able to reroll with your target token on one creature?

Can someone smarter than me please help me with this.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johan Karlsson
Sweden
flag msg tools
When attacking multiple Creatures you make a separate attack against each creature.

When making an area attack against a Troop you make one single attack. Then you remove one Soldier for each damage taken. Up to as many soldiers as there is within range of the area attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrew Parks
United States
Somerset
New Jersey
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Marvel Strike Teams (2018)
badge
Marvel Strike Teams: November 2018
mbmbmbmbmb
And yes, you only get to use your Target or Concentrate token against one creature caught in the breath attack.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ernst Fourie
South Africa
flag msg tools
Thank you very much!

That does make for more tactical gameplay.

I'll be sure to remember this one.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeremy
United States
San Antonio
Texas
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
It's the same for other multi-attacks as well (Tiamat, Close Quarters, Haste, etc etc). If you have a token of some kind you only get to use it against one instance of the attack.

Now for a charge it's different. Because you would have already used the charge and then it affects/effects (I never get those right) every melee attack for that critter in that round. So let's say you have Balagos with Close Quarters. He charges into Close Quarters range and begins his melee attacks using Close Quarters. So he gets a 5 dice bite and two 3 dice claws all modified by charge for a 6/4/4 series of attacks.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.