Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Chris Brown
United States
Fort Wayne
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
There is no reason to have two A's at the beginning of aardvark. I simply won't do it.
mbmbmbmbmb
Simple question, how much of the errata do you use during campaign or do you leave it for skirmish? Does it cause significant changes to any of the missions?

I'm thinking it might be a good way to change difficulty depending upon how your group does vs the imperial player.

My thoughts, rebel sabatours I'm leaving the same. Royal Guards and maybe Officers I'll use the errata. My rebels are visibly angry when royal guards show up.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter Johnsson
Sweden
Malmö
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Where do I find this errata? Can't remember seeing it in the FAQ.

EDIT: Found it, must have been looking at the wrong document.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alexander
Germany
Duisburg
NRW
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
riboAWEsome wrote:
Where do I find this errata? Can't remember seeing it in the FAQ.

EDIT: Found it, must have been looking at the wrong document.

here's the link:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/products/star-wars-imp...

the errata are included in the FAQ.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
The Imperial Officers have not changed for the Campaign.

Still have to begin a new campaign but I think we will use all of the errata
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
I think all. I have not been that keen on Protector protecting another Royal Guard in the first place.

On the rebel side, you have only a certain chance to meet up the Saboteurs in a campaign, even if you decide to include their side mission. And you can still change your mind and take the other side mission.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeppe Tobias Hatting
Denmark
flag msg tools
mbmb
We'll keep it simply and not change the new deployment cards unless I get hold on some real new cards, too much hassle to remember the differences.
We look up in the errate at the beginning of a mission to check if there's any changes and that's it
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matthew Barille
msg tools
I plan on pushing the errata changes on my campaign. The guard change is huge and necessary. I may actually consider using allies now that the guards change, cause before there is no way in hell im giving the IP 10+ threat when royal guards are 8 or 12, way too unbalanced.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Stephan Wimmer
Austria
Vienna
flag msg tools
mbmbmb
Finishing up a TS mini campaign and will be using the full errata in the next Hoth campaign.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
If you don't want to worry about trying to remember all of the errata to deployment cards, I might recommend a partial errata of "Royal Guards don't protect other Royal Guards." Alternatively, you as the imperial can choose to place your Royal Guards so they're never adjacent to each other. That accomplishes most of the (much needed) nerf.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Johannes Benedikt
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
All of it. Because appearently the errata'd materiel will lead to more balance and hence more exciting games.

I'm still very unsure about the extreme changes to the royal Guards in campaign mode though. Right now I don't feel that they are worth it for their cost. I'm ok with the ability nerf, but the big change from surge: +2damage to surge: pierce 1 not only reduces their damage output, but also their ability to stun, to a point where they get useless.
I will probably bring out the trandoshan hunters instead, because they deal more damage and inflict a stun light pretty effortlessly.

I'm just a bit upset that I chose the military might class and how I skilled it, because the strategy for stun isn't working anymore. Also I didn't choose the means of production agenda mission when I had the chance, because I thought the Imp. Guards have me covered and I can invest my influence into other stuff.

Seeing how this camapaign is pretty unwinnable for the Rebels anyhow, I hope these nerfs will make it more interesting.
However most of the side missions will be even more automatic losses for the IP than they were before.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dean L
United Kingdom
Coventry
West Midlands
flag msg tools
DA_Maz wrote:

I'm just a bit upset that I chose the military might class and how I skilled it, because the strategy for stun isn't working anymore. Also I didn't choose the means of production agenda mission when I had the chance, because I thought the Imp. Guards have me covered and I can invest my influence into other stuff.

We never introduce errata mid-campaign (unless for specific missions where it wouldn't have had any bearing on past decisions anyway) for mostly the reasons you state.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
John Fanjoy
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
DA_Maz wrote:
I'm still very unsure about the extreme changes to the royal Guards in campaign mode though. Right now I don't feel that they are worth it for their cost. I'm ok with the ability nerf, but the big change from surge: +2damage to surge: pierce 1 not only reduces their damage output, but also their ability to stun, to a point where they get useless.
The range of dice results where the change to the surge ability is the difference between landing a stun or not is pretty small. You have to roll two surges, which is either the double-surge face of the yellow die, or the one face of the red die that has a surge plus any surge face of the yellow die, so that's already less than 1/3 of all attacks. Then the number of blocks rolled by the defender has to be exactly one more than the number of damage results you got, which is a minimum of 2. So we're looking at "never" for the white die, and only the three block face of the black die. In total, the chance of getting a stun with pre-errata Royal Guards where you wouldn't with errata'd Royal Guards is less than 1/18.

What that change really does is rein in the top-end results from the attacks - instead of a best-case scenario of 6 + stun against a blank white die, now the best the Royal Guard can do is either 4 + stun or 5 damage. Meaning the Royal Guard is not quite so far ahead of all other choices for raw damage output AND for disables AND for tankiness.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.