Popular Tags: [View All]
Ned Meier
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Heroes: Biv Bodhrik, Diala Passil, Fenn Signis, & Mak Eshka’rey

This is our 4th time starting up a campaign. The first time we played wrong and from then on it has been difficult to keep the same group together. The group that played this time (and hopefully will complete the campaign) consists of three Rebel players who have played several times and one brand new player. I am playing as the Imperial player and have played several times also. The few problems we had run into before on previous campaigns was the Side Mission deck, deployment of Imperial troops, and a few other minor rules. I spent the day prior to our initial play organizing the contents of the game to make sure we tracked everything correctly this time. We now have separate bags for all of the decks, including a Side Mission deck bag and an active Missions deck bag.

Mission 1: Aftermath

As we have all played Imperial Assault several times before (except for one player) we were all very familiar with the Aftermath mission. The rebels started right away clearing out my Imperial forces. I figured it would be a pretty quick mission, but then the rebels sent Diala Passil in through the door while the other three heroes finished off the Stormtroopers. With the door locking behind them the rebels forgot about dealing with the terminals. At this point I knew I had a chance to win and focused on wounding the Jedi. This was easy as I had 3 ‘Troopers and an Imperial Officer and some lucky rolls. The rebels finally got through the door and left Fenn Signis to deal with the Probe Droid I deployed and the outside terminal. The other heroes took some damage from the E-Web Engineer before joining Diala Passil in working on the terminals. At this point I had all but Fenn Signis wounded and they still had 2 terminals to take out. Unfortunately, I had three Stormtroopers blocking my line of site from the E-Web to Fenn, the last hero I needed to wound. All the heroes needed to do was keep Fenn where he was and destroy the last terminal. This is where the rebels made their mistake. They decided to send Fenn in to help with the terminals. This was my only chance to win. If Fenn double moved he would be able to slip right by the E-Web Engineer and be out of line of sight. If he attacked or interacted before moving I would have a chance to wound him and win the mission. The rebels decided to have him hit a Stormtrooper for no apparent reason and then stop right in front of the E-Web. With two nasty attacks I took out Fenn and the Imperials were victorious.

Side Mission 1: Sorry About the Mess

The rebels decided to try and get some help and recruit Han Solo, so they chose the side mission Sorry About the Mess. In this mission the rebels have to keep Han Solo alive as they move across the map into the garage. As they set up their starting positions I noticed they were making a crucial mistake. They put Han in the front. The mission started with a gun fight and I was able to do quite a bit of damage to Han before they were able to maneuver him so I wouldn’t be able to hit him. I then made a mistake that could have cost me the mission, I spent all of my Threat in an attempt to take Han out before he could even get to the garage. What I had forgotten is that the Officer’s heath depends on the amount of threat. If the rebels would have made a run for the garage his heath would have been 4 and they would have easily won. But instead they took out my units and then rested a turn allowing me to boost my Threat Level to six. By the time the opened the door Han had one life point left and was easily gunned down by the Imperial Officer. This was a quick one and I was able to exploit some mistakes by the rebels. Luckily too because Han is a very powerful character.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Pasi Ojala
Finland
Tampere
flag msg tools
Get the Imperial Assault Campaign module for Vassal from http://www.vassalengine.org/wiki/Module:Star_Wars:_Imperial_Assault
badge
The next Total Solar Eclipse holiday in 2024 in USA? See you there!
mbmbmbmbmb
Meiere01 wrote:
What I had forgotten is that the Officer’s heath depends on the amount of threat.

Not Threat, it depends on Threat Level (twice the Threat Level). Threat Level does not change during a mission. (Threat mb is increased by Threat Level during the increase threat step of the status phase.)

Also, I thought that the starting position of Han Solo is fixed according to the map. Han Solo is already placed by setup, then the heroes arrive. Although the rebels control Han as an ally, they are not bringing him into the mission.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ned Meier
United States
Lake Orion
Michigan
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
thanks for the notes. I did mess up the threat but that wouldn't have changed the outcome. He would have just had 2 less health. Han does start in a certain spot but the rebels did not block him. I misspoke when I said they placed him in front. The just didn't place themselves in good spots.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.