Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Poll
If you have the option to play Descent as a mini-campaign (as opposed to full campaigns or standalone quests,) will you?
I prefer to play mini-campaigns.
I am about as likely to play a mini-campaign as anything else.
I prefer not to play mini-campaigns.
      62 answers
Poll created by zaltyre

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I suppose the distribution about the center should be expected- if I may ask those of you who prefer not to play mini-campaigns: what particular aspects of the format are not satisfying?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bryce K. Nielsen
United States
Elk Ridge
Utah
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
We never seem to finish campaigns, but always finish mini-campaigns, so we very much prefer them.

-shnar
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Drake Coker
United States
San Diego
California
flag msg tools
badge
This is my tank for Combat Commander
mbmbmbmbmb
I haven't played in a long time... what is a mini-campaign? Obviously it is a shorter campaign, but where do they come from: a feature in some expansion or player-created content or ... ?

FWIW, playing a full campaign does seem to be not viable for my group, hence having not played in a long time!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Paul
United States
New York
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
A mini-campaign is the type of campaign format contained in the 'Lair of the Wyrm,' 'Trollfens,' and 'Manor of Ravens.' The heroes start with a small amount of XP and gold already. There are 3 Act 1 quests, and then an Act 2 finale.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Eric
msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I like the idea of having the option to play something more in depth or something a little shorter. What my group and I would like to play depends on our mood.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siddharta Govindaraj
India
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I play both. I've completed the base game campaign with one group, and play mini-campaign or one-off quests or co-op with other players

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.