Subject: First game finished - scoring? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Andrew Wallwork
United Kingdom
Somerset
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just completed my first solo game, being mission 1 Search & Destroy. I managed to win it with 1 SMG rifle unit and 1 Rifle unit (who'd gone bezerk ) left against the AI who had their halftrack left that basically couldn't hit a barn door, even when it was standing in front of them My SMG unit deserves the Order of Lenin as they took out all 3 German units on their own!! At one point I think they went 8 turns before becoming spent. The card drawing gods were with me this game.

My question is about victory points. I destroyed 3 AI units whereby the AI destroyed 2 of mine so that leaves 1 victory point for me. I did control the objective at the end of the mission but the AI held it at the start. Do those victory points cancel each other out? I think I ended up with 2 VP's overall but I'm not entirely sure.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lewis Karl
United States
Vienna
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Reading the scenario section regarding victory points answers this question.

Quote:
Victory Points
Soviets:
1 VP: Immediately, for each eliminated
German.
1 VP: Immediately, for control of hex I07.
Lose VP if control is lost.
Germans:
1 VP: Immediately, for each eliminated
Soviet.

Soviet lost VP for control when Germans took it. Hence victory points are allocated as you stated, 2 for Soviet and 3 for German.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.