Hide
5 Posts

Alien vs Predator: The Hunt Begins» Forums » General

Subject: Miniature Scale? rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jan Jensen
msg tools
For a crafts project I'm considering buying some of these models from eBay.

My main concern is the scale of the models.
Are the models in the game scaled correctly according to each other. On pictures the marines looked rather big?

And how well will these fit in with other miniatures say 40K Imperial Guard Cadians? Or Hasslefree?

If somebody could take a comparison picture with different kinds of models or in lack of that, just a ruler, that would be incredible helpful.

Thanks!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael None
Poland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Aliens are a bit too short in comparison with marines. But only alien setting fan will notice this. I sense that you plan a bigger diorama - proportions in AvP game are "good enough" for it.
GW models are more sturdy. Prodos minis are generally slim. So mixing 2 different companies will Not get along well.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rod Mitchell
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
GW uses heroic scale, so miniatures that are sculpted with normal scaling will look smaller, but not shorter than them. That being said, the aliens would fit in fine, the marines not so much. I would love to post a comparison picture, but as I have yet to recieve anything from my AVP pledge yet, I can not.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Prisonball2072 writter
msg tools
mb
Hello

look here i did a scale picture with different miniatures

http://thedeathjungle.blogspot.fr

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Shirley T
United States
Virginia
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/thread/1478795/scale

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.