Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Blood Rage» Forums » Rules

Subject: Ships, Quests, and Ragnarok rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Hooman Ahmadi
United States
California
flag msg tools
If all the gray provinces are destroyed by Ragnarok, for example, and I place a ship in a fjord between gray and yellow (yellow being not destroyed), can i get quest points for having the highest strength in a gray province? I know we can't invade destroyed provinces, but the fjord is fair game in this case. I had this situation tonight and couldn't figure out what to do.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
From everything I have seen so far, it seems a province destroyed by Ragnarok is pretty much removed from the game for all intents and purposes.

So unless I get some official clarification saying otherwise, I am going with ruling in my own games that you can have no STR in the province - even with a ship in the fjord - since the province simply no longer exists.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
To me it's quite clear: once the province is destroyed, it's not there anymore. It's not a grey province, it's a piece of destroyed land that belongs to nothing.

Even though the fjords continue to exist, the grey province ceased to exist and subsequently you can't have strength there anymore either.

4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jon Snow
United States
New York City
New York
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
goo Agree.

Of course, some Californians like to think the state will still be viable after the San Andreas Fault goes...
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jeffrey Nolin
Japan
Nakamachi, Hiroshima
Hiroshima-ken
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
chas59 wrote:
goo Agree.

Of course, some Californians like to think the state will still be viable after the San Andreas Fault goes...

Agree on both points. Optimism!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
longagoigo wrote:
chas59 wrote:
goo Agree.

Of course, some Californians like to think the state will still be viable after the San Andreas Fault goes...

Agree on both points. Optimism!
Like the mystics and statistics say...

Also, I vaguely recall reading somewhere that once the connecting provinces are Ragnarokked (not a real verb but easier than typing "removed from all existence and memory by Ragnarok".) the fjords are also Ragnarokked. No, I do not recall where I read that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
martimer wrote:
longagoigo wrote:
chas59 wrote:
goo Agree.

Of course, some Californians like to think the state will still be viable after the San Andreas Fault goes...

Agree on both points. Optimism!
Like the mystics and statistics say...

Also, I vaguely recall reading somewhere that once the connecting provinces are Ragnarokked (not a real verb but easier than typing "removed from all existence and memory by Ragnarok".) the fjords are also Ragnarokked. No, I do not recall where I read that.

Not that it really matters if the fjord is still there or not, of course ..
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gert Meyer
Denmark
Trekantsområdet
flag msg tools
badge
Skål - Cheers - Gom Bui - Prost - Almien - Salut - Kampai - Na Zdrowie - Gan Bae - Qapla
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Teowulff wrote:
martimer wrote:
longagoigo wrote:
chas59 wrote:
goo Agree.

Of course, some Californians like to think the state will still be viable after the San Andreas Fault goes...

Agree on both points. Optimism!
Like the mystics and statistics say...

Also, I vaguely recall reading somewhere that once the connecting provinces are Ragnarokked (not a real verb but easier than typing "removed from all existence and memory by Ragnarok".) the fjords are also Ragnarokked. No, I do not recall where I read that.

Not that it really matters if the fjord is still there or not, of course ..


With no way to move ships and no way to trigger battles with both provinces destroyed, putting a ship in such a fjord - if legal - would pretty much equate to removing it from the game and lowering your Horns stat by one

IIRC there is one upgrade that gives you Glory for units left on the board at the end of the game. That would be the only time that you would potentially gain even the slightest advantage by such a move.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
gert74 wrote:
With no way to move ships and no way to trigger battles with both provinces destroyed, putting a ship in such a fjord - if legal - would pretty much equate to removing it from the game and lowering your Horns stat by one
IIRC there is one upgrade that gives you Glory for units left on the board at the end of the game. That would be the only time that you would potentially gain even the slightest advantage by such a move.


This combo would make using a Ragnaroc'd fjord useful, so I rule that its not legal:
Sea Serpent
12 point ships
As an action destroy 2 units for a stat boost
1 rage to invade from valhalla.

2 rage and 3 actions net you 24 points and a stat bump. If you can prolong the game to get it rolling, it would be a beautiful thing.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Thaddeus MacTaggart
Netherlands
Almere Buiten
Flevoland
flag msg tools
badge
Blood Rage fan - Raven Clan
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
toddpark75 wrote:
gert74 wrote:
With no way to move ships and no way to trigger battles with both provinces destroyed, putting a ship in such a fjord - if legal - would pretty much equate to removing it from the game and lowering your Horns stat by one
IIRC there is one upgrade that gives you Glory for units left on the board at the end of the game. That would be the only time that you would potentially gain even the slightest advantage by such a move.


This combo would make using a Ragnaroc'd fjord useful, so I rule that its not legal:
Sea Serpent
12 point ships
As an action destroy 2 units for a stat boost
1 rage to invade from valhalla.

2 rage and 3 actions net you 24 points and a stat bump. If you can prolong the game to get it rolling, it would be a beautiful thing.

You can basically do that in any fjord that's adjacent to an already pillaged province. So I don't see how invading a "lost" fjord suddenly makes that tactic so much more viable.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Todd Parker
United States
Denver
Colorado
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I said useful, not "so much more viable"
Maybe others are waiting to pillage and you don't want to get caught up in that.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.