Popular Tags: [View All]
Chad Byer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There I was all ready to play my first run. I had called in my best two rookies, Wÿçk a Male Mage/Face Elf and Massey a Female Street Samurai/Decker. They took a moment to gather their equipment and double check their mission parameters before heading out. Everything went fine until their exit plan fell apart. Like Mr. Johnson said, getting in was easy...

No sooner did Wÿçk and Massey leave the complex when they noticed not only a Troll Enforcer but a powerful Troll Mage blocking their path. A silent alarm must have been tripped! Whatever was in this envelope must be of utmost value to the Corporation to send not one but two of their most revered Trolls to retrieve it.

The Troll Mage wasted no time slinging a spell that made Wÿçk stumble and drop two of his offensive incantations before the battle had really begun. Massey noticing this and realizing that Wÿçk was in more danger than her took a shot at the Mage Troll scoring a direct hit knocking him back 2 levels but exhausting all of her ammo. The Mage Enforcer took advantage of this weakness in close quarter combat inflicting 2 damage on Massey. Wÿçk was in a position to retaliate and was able to cast a spell for 1 level of damage against the Mage Enforcer but the Mage Troll was on him quickly leaving him reeling from 2 points of damage. With both Wÿçk and Massey injured, they ducked into into a dark alley and were able to lose the Trolls momentarily. Trying to catch their breath they noticed a dark figure approaching them. Perhaps I have something that will be of assistance to you my friends the figure said. The shady Black Market Dealer offered a list of items and prices and offered safe passage to his shop. Unfortunately for the duo, the prices were a bit to rich for their pockets on this day. Realizing he would not get a payday, the Black Market Dealer mumbled some obscenity at them and then shouted, "The criminals are here! In the alley! Don't let them hurt me!"

The shouting drew the attention of the Trolls as they were hunting their prey and before Wÿçk and Massey could hide they were thrown back into battle. With minimum offense Massey took a potshot at the Troll Enforcer grazing him for 1 level of damage before being slammed to the ground and taking 2 damage herself. Wÿçk unfortunately still feel the effects from his last encounter with the Troll Mage could do nothing but run for his life. The Troll Mage used this opportunity to cast a devastating spell that inflicted 2 damage and staggered Wÿçk. Both Runners fled and cursed the backstabbing Black Market dealer. It wasn't their fault his prices were unreasonable.

It didn't take long for the Trolls to catch up and unfortunately Wÿçk and Massey were caught in a Crossfire. Taking what cover they could, Massey was hit by a stray bullet staggering her. Both leaning against a dumpster wondering what went wrong, they looked up to see the ruthless Trolls standing over them. With litle fight left in them the Troll Enforcer kicked at Massey relentlessly. She could not defend herself and was in critical condition. Wÿçk already staggered himself could do nothing but look on at the brutality of the Toll Enforcer. His last thought before everything went dark was what was in this envelope he clutched in his bloodied hand? The Troll Mage sent an electric shock from his fingertips into Wÿçk's body as it went limp and his fingers let go of the envelope. The Troll Mage bent down and picked it up before casting a bit of magic that transported himself and the Troll Enforcer back to their employer.

Wÿçk and Massey lay side by side in bloody and battered heaps. Would they survive or were their injuries to great? One thing is for certain, they did not expect the ferocity of the Corporation's henchmen. Perhaps their first mission was ill fated from the start. If they did live to fight another day, they would surely be more prepared and perhaps have a little more luck on their side.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean McCarthy
United States
Seattle
Washington
flag msg tools
designer
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
What a beating.

I can help a little bit - looks like you discarded two cards to the troll mage on the first turn. You're only supposed to discard cards to that ability if the crossfire level is 2 or higher. (See the icon.)
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Chad Byer
United States
Pittsburgh
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Well drat! I shall have to pay more attention. It still made for a good story.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls