mbmbmbmbmb
First off, I apologize if I've missed this in another thread. The rules state:

Every time a Location gives you VPs, immediately adjust your score on the
Victory Point track.

Under the Game End section, the rules also state:

Victory Points are collected by players throughout the game. To calculate the
final score, each player should add the Victory Point value of the Locations in
his Empire to his current score.

Does this mean, for example, that I give myself 2 points for each faction building the moment I build it and 2 more at game end? That doesn't seem right to me. What am I missing?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
At the end of the game you give yourself for each building you have the appropriate points. Those are added to the points you scored throughout the game by using special actions etc..

The buildings only award points if they are still part of your tableau at the very end. So for example buildings you built and then tore down to pay the building cost of one of your Faction buildings are not counted towards your points.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
tfoz 15
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
That clears it up. Thanks.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
tfoz15 wrote:
First off, I apologize if I've missed this in another thread. The rules state:

Every time a Location gives you VPs, immediately adjust your score on the Victory Point track.

For this first point you may have a location that provides VP as part of an action. Eg pay X to gain Y and 2 VP. Or a feature location may give you VP each time you build another particular building. Eg gain a VP each time you build a yellow faction location.

Quote:
Under the Game End section, the rules also state:

Victory Points are collected by players throughout the game. To calculate the final score, each player should add the Victory Point value of the Locations in his Empire to his current score.

Does this mean, for example, that I give myself 2 points for each faction building the moment I build it and 2 more at game end? That doesn't seem right to me. What am I missing?

At the end of the game you apply 2VP for each faction location and 1VP for each common location.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Antonia
Germany
Wolfsburg
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
32vini2 wrote:
At the end of the game you apply 2VP for each faction location and 1VP for each common location.

Well, I would suggest to just use the victory points printed on the cards.
The Atlanteans for example do not score any points for their Faction locations.
Also there might be cards in the future that reward more or less points at the end of the game.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Davinia
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
Muad Dib wrote:
32vini2 wrote:

Well, I would suggest to just use the victory points printed on the cards.
The Atlanteans for example do not score any points for their Faction locations.
Also there might be cards in the future that reward more or less points at the end of the game.

Apologies. I was only using the base set as an example as I don't yet know how Atlantean's work.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.