Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Jim A
United States
Daytona Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I've noticed that Resistance seems to be somewhat useless. Despite costing fewer cards, the opportunity cost of upgrading it (the loss of at least one action) seems to be a price too high to pay. I do not doubt that having a high Resistance would be very beneficial, but getting it to that point, when I have to spend so much to make Incubation and Infection tolerable, seems like an undesirable expenditure, doubly so because USING Resistance degrades it.

Making it still worse is that there are only 3 WHO cards per game to use it on, and only 3 Event cards which could conceivably be affected by it (which I have questions about as well). That the expenditure will gain you a few points at the end of the game seems an inadequate compensation.

What kind of emphasis are other groups placing on the Mutations? Does Resistance seem ignored, or is it important to you?

And if the consensus matches my experience, what can be done to improve its value? A have some thoughts on this:

1. It doesn't get degraded when used.
2. There should be more circumstances in which it is used.
3. It is worth double points at the end of the game.
4. More radically, it gets scored along with Death Toll, Eradication, or both.

I think only 1 and 2 should be the most strongly considered options, and 1 is easily implemented right now, if you so desire. However, I want to get a few more games under my belt before I suggest such changes to my group. Meanwhile, I wondered what everyone else was thinking.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Condon-Jones
United Kingdom
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmb
I’ve just played my first game of this and it was the consensus of everyone playing that there’s no point ever upgrading Resistance.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.