Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I have a Kickstarter version of Ogre with all of the crowd funded sheets as well. Everything is punched and assembled. I was thinking about selling it, but wasn't sure how well the cardboard ogres would hold up in the mail. Has anyone else sold and shipped their copy of Ogre, and how well did the pieces hold up. Did you do anything special to protect it during shipping? Thanks for your answers.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Marcus
Canada
Toronto
Ontario
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I'm on the verge of doing this as well... selling my OGRE: DE KS version.

Haven't punched out or assembled the counters yet, still hoping that I actually get around to tabling the game sometime this year (3 years after the KS campaign... shake), otherwise I don't see how I can justify holding onto the game (and all the space that it takes up).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
I've got the KS version along with all the fan made sheets too. Everything is punched and 3D units glued which makes them really sturdy. But the shelf space is killing me and it has never been played.

Man, I hate to sell it but thinking about it too. But the cost of the game along with the extra sheets is high and I figure it will sell for pennies on the dollar.

I wonder how many others are having second thoughts about keeping it? I used to think there's no such thing as overproduced games but this one is an exception. I wish they just used flat counters for everything since the box could of been a quarter of the size.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hegerty
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ScottE wrote:
I've got the KS version along with all the fan made sheets too. Everything is punched and 3D units glued which makes them really sturdy. But the shelf space is killing me and it has never been played.

Man, I hate to sell it but thinking about it too. But the cost of the game along with the extra sheets is high and I figure it will sell for pennies on the dollar.

I wonder how many others are having second thoughts about keeping it? I used to think there's no such thing as overproduced games but this one is an exception. I wish they just used flat counters for everything since the box could of been a quarter of the size.

If your concern is just the space, take a look here.
OGRE DE in a normal-sized box!

I loved the idea, but I personally want to keep the game as the enormous item it is.
Please let me know if you want to sell the crowd-funded sheets separately.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Scott Everts
United States
Foothill Ranch
California
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
"Nobody gets me. I'm the wind, baby!" - Tom Servo
badge
"Push the button, Frank!"
mbmbmbmbmb
Neub wrote:
ScottE wrote:

If your concern is just the space, take a look here.
OGRE DE in a normal-sized box!

I loved the idea, but I personally want to keep the game as the enormous item it is.

Yeah, saw the box cut down. Nifty but I'd be horrified to do that to my copy. Not to mention tanking the resale value!

I wouldn't ever break up the set. I'd rather sell it all complete. But the other problem is shipping. Not sure people would want to pay $50+ on shipping and still pay what its worth. Best bet is finding a local buyer.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
I bought my copy of Ogre: DE at last years' Gencon. While it wasn't shipped it did spent quite a bit of time in the car (not sure about the way there, but the way back was ~3000km) The 3D pieces survived no problem, but all the small pieces needed to be sorted again since they were all over the place in the box.
Even with the additional ad probably rougher) handling shipping involves I wouldn't be too concerned. Whether you can find somebody to pay the price for shipping is a different question though.
I think your best bet would be to find somebody local.

Also, I'll get in line behind Brian if you decide to sell some of the extra sheets separately. I only got the Kickstarter exclusives and BGG ones and would be interested in all others.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ralph Ferrari
United States
PA
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Thanks for the replys guys. I have already sold one KS Copy that was unpunched, and someone was willing to pay the crazy shipping price, so hopefully someone else will be willing to for this one as well. I would like to sell everything as one bundle, since I'm not sure if I could even remember what came with each of the crowd funded sheets at this point.

I'm sure I won't ever get back the amount of money I put into it, considering I paid separate postage for each of the crowd funded sheets. Hope to get a reasonable amount back.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Neub wrote:

Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Also, I'll get in line behind Brian if you decide to sell some of the extra sheets separately. I only got the Kickstarter exclusives and BGG ones and would be interested in all others.

(Blatant self-promotion warning!)

If you are missing the crowd-funded sheets, please check out:

http://www.sjgames.com/ogre/sponsored-counters/

One stop shopping! And I still have a few of the Strategic and Tactical Objectives sheets that can be packaged with the Barbarians at the Gate set, to save on shipping.

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Aaron Converse
United States
New York
New York
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Ha ha...funny, I was just thinking about the same thing (selling my KS OGRE + sheets). Hoping to find a NYC local buyer.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Martin Gallo
United States
O'Fallon
Missouri
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There are three games I want to be buried with because of all the GREAT memories I have of playing them - Up Front, Car Wars and Gunslinger. Ogre DE probably won't fit in my coffin (I am not that overweight, though...). Perhaps my original pocket Metagaming Ogre 1ed could find a way in there along with GEV. maybe I will be cremated and my shed buried in my Ogre DE box???

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Schema Man
United States
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Heck, given its size the DE box could probably *be* your coffin!
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
"L'état, c'est moi."
Canada
Vancouver
BC
flag msg tools
admin
designer
Roger's Reviews: check out my reviews page, right here on BGG!
badge
Caution: May contain wargame like substance
mbmbmbmbmb
I fortunately have a place it can sit and be completely out of the way so I'm happy to keep mine. I did eventually sell my second copy locally.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
The Real Stabliser
Scotland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Maybe I should sell my 3rd copy

Anyone in the UK want to persuade me...?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
The goal is to win; but we play to have fun - Me <-- I said that.
badge
The world is what we make of it. So why not make it a better place?
mbmbmbmbmb
What do you think a unopened Kickstarter box should sell for USD?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
Neub wrote:

Ze_German_Guy wrote:

One stop shopping! And I still have a few of the Strategic and Tactical Objectives sheets that can be packaged with the Barbarians at the Gate set, to save on shipping.

D.

If you haven't gotten these and Uncommon Ogres you're missing out for sure. The S&TO are a great addition to the map and the owner has specific additional rules (unofficial) or I can get them to you.

The Barbarians at the Gate and Uncommon Ogres are new troops, tanks and Ogres which are awesome for the 3-4 person throw down.

Yes I just plugged him, but I liked them so really I'm just being honest.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Niko
Canada
Calgary
Alberta
flag msg tools
[This space intentionally left blank]
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
wolf90 wrote:
Neub wrote:

Ze_German_Guy wrote:

D.

If you haven't gotten these and Uncommon Ogres you're missing out for sure. The S&TO are a great addition to the map and the owner has specific additional rules (unofficial) or I can get them to you.

The Barbarians at the Gate and Uncommon Ogres are new troops, tanks and Ogres which are awesome for the 3-4 person throw down.

Yes I just plugged him, but I liked them so really I'm just being honest.
Ok, you guys convinced me.
Let's see if there is enough space in the original box to fit those counters in there too

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

Yes I realize I'm quoting myself but I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on this?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ron A
United States
California
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

Yes I realize I'm quoting myself but I was curious if anyone had any thoughts on this?

I think you should look at Geek marketplace and eBay. Lowest price I saw on marketplace was $59 in like new condition, assume that is unpunched. eBay has a listing for $215 (iirc), Amazon lists one for $180. Personally, I think there's too many available for <100 to support higher prices, YMMV. Then again, I'm a player, not a collector, so I'd rather pay less when I'm looking for a game, shrink vs opened matters little to me.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Richard Sampson
United States
Bothell
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
SBGrad wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

I think you should look at Geek marketplace and eBay. Lowest price I saw on marketplace was $59 in like new condition, assume that is unpunched. eBay has a listing for $215 (iirc), Amazon lists one for $180. Personally, I think there's too many available for <100 to support higher prices, YMMV. Then again, I'm a player, not a collector, so I'd rather pay less when I'm looking for a game, shrink vs opened matters little to me.
Are you distinguishing between KS and not because that is a big difference. The only $59 entry I found was not KS.

I can personally say that I sold an extra set of NIS KS bonus sheets in an auction for $65. If you consider a savvy buyer consider buying them like that and then pick up a new regular copy online somewhere, you can get an estimate of the price. CSI says new copies for $130, but they ship free and come with the ACD sheet. Factoring that in, you would be look at maybe ~$150 to be competitive with that route since shipping will be a lot. That being said, many may not consider this, and might pay more so my guess would be $150-$200 for a NIS full KS copy.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hegerty
United States
Roswell
Georgia
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
ras2124 wrote:
SBGrad wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:
Ken at Sunrise wrote:

Are you distinguishing between KS and not because that is a big difference. The only $59 entry I found was not KS.

I can personally say that I sold an extra set of NIS KS bonus sheets in an auction for $65. If you consider a savvy buyer consider buying them like that and then pick up a new regular copy online somewhere, you can get an estimate of the price. CSI says new copies for $130, but they ship free and come with the ACD sheet. Factoring that in, you would be look at maybe ~$150 to be competitive with that route since shipping will be a lot. That being said, many may not consider this, and might pay more so my guess would be $150-$200 for a NIS full KS copy.

I've got the retail version, and I paid ~50 to get the KS extra sheets. I would have GLADLY paid 150 for a KS version NIS (my retail version was a gift). A friend of mine purchased a KS NIS for $150 (he purchased online early last year).

I think you should be able to get 150, but given the cost of shipping, you might run into problems.

In either case, good luck with your sale. It is an amazing game if you can find people to play with. I've not found a single player scenario I want to play (anyone aware of a scenario with a "programmed" side?).

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Ze_German_Guy wrote:
Ok, you guys convinced me.
Let's see if there is enough space in the original box to fit those counters in there too

I know for a fact that the Barbarians at the Gate and the Uncommon Ogres all fit in the box with the KS sheets. Good times!

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
wolf90 (Drew)
msg tools
designer
mbmbmbmbmb
Obviously the fact that this auction was "pick up only" would have had a huge effect on bidders, but this is still notable:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

D.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
wolf90 wrote:
Obviously the fact that this auction was "pick up only" would have had a huge effect on bidders, but this is still notable:

http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-53200-19255-0/1?type=4&cam...

D.

Well the Kickstater cost me considerably more than that and mine is unopened; so I'd rather keep it or give it as a gift to someone I know than sell it for less that it cost me.

Just say'in

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Hey if anyone in the boston area wants to sell theres to a poor college student (also a musician) message me!

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ken
United States
West Palm Beach
Florida
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
There is new, less expensive, compatible version coming out either later this year or next year.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
1 , 2  Next »   | 
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.