9 Posts

Exodus: Edge of Extinction» Forums » Rules

Subject: Gambit combat card question rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Bobak Oft
Canada
flag msg tools
Gambit:assign all the hits dealt against your ships to one ship of your choice belonging to you.

In my last game my friend had used this card to assign all 10 of my hits to a dark raider that has no shields. Is this allowed or can you only assign hits if shields allow for it?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Iskaldur kaldur
Iceland
Reykjavík
flag msg tools
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zerods wrote:
Gambit:assign all the hits dealt against your ships to one ship of your choice belonging to you.

In my last game my friend had used this card to assign all 10 of my hits to a dark raider that has no shields. Is this allowed or can you only assign hits if shields allow for it?

Assign all the hits to one ship. That is what I feel this is saying. Not a single hit to another ship. So the shots are wasted in my opinion.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobak Oft
Canada
flag msg tools
I thought that you would assign hits until the ship would be destroyed, then the remaining hits would be assign normally. Seems a little overkill for a ship that can only withstand 2 hits be able to take 15 hits.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Alex Almond
United Kingdom
Nelson
Lancashire
flag msg tools
mbmb
I suspect it's ment to be as zerods thinks it's just poorly written?

Else it's seriously powerful compared to normal combat cards.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Bobak Oft
Canada
flag msg tools
Is anyone from the design team here to give the official ruling of this card?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
zerods wrote:
Is anyone from the design team here to give the official ruling of this card?

I'm not one of the designers, but I'll see if I can ping them.

Personally, I've always used it to have a single ship draw all the hits, just like iskaldur describes above.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
You can only assign as many hits as a ship can take (so a dark raider with no shields can take 1 hit). This is useful when you have for example one heavily shielded ship but with low firepower, which can take a lot of beating before it gets destroyed, preserving the rest of your fleet.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Rainer Ahlfors
United States
Provo
Utah
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
Click to see this devourer's page.
badge
mbmbmbmbmb
anovac wrote:
You can only assign as many hits as a ship can take (so a dark raider with no shields can take 1 hit). This is useful when you have for example one heavily shielded ship but with low firepower, which can take a lot of beating before it gets destroyed, preserving the rest of your fleet.

Thanks for the answer, Andrei!

So, if one ship ends up getting destroyed, but not all hits have been assigned yet, does the attacker then simply get to assign all remaining hits as normal?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Andrei Novac
Poland
Warszawa
flag msg tools
designer
publisher
badge
mbmbmb
Yes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.