Elements» Forums » Variants

Subject: three handed... rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
sunday silence
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
has anyone tried this with three players? obviously you have to add in some more cards. I was sure it wouldnt work and would need some special rules, but surprisingly even without special rules it appears to play ok. I thought there should be different scoring based on where you were in relation to the person who knocked but it doesnt really need that either. Or so it seems. I thought it might be harder on the person who went just prior to the person who knocked but there didnt seem to be any handicap, everyone tries to stay close to the score of the pile so it didnt seem to hurt. I think we scored it 2 if you won either by knocking or not and -1 if you knocked and lost. I was surprised how well it plays and wonder why they didnt put out a variant for 3 players
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Wim van Gruisen
Netherlands
Den Bosch
Unspecified
flag msg tools
designer
mbmb
What cards did you add in?

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Steve Marano
United States
Nutley
New Jersey
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Actually, we found the game to work quite well even with four players.
We simply added two additional cards for ranks zero through five, and kept the number of rank six cards unchanged (i.e. six cards). That made for a deck of thirty cards. We dealt seven to each player, leaving two out of play. Then we simply played by all of the normal rules regarding the play of the hand. It worked quite well.

For scoring, we played one point for each game won, with the final winner being determined by whoever reached three points first. Technically there could be a tie - i.e. in the case where two (or even three) participants had identical scores to the player who knocked. We decided that in such a case the knocker would lose (i.e. no points awarded) as is the case in the standard two player game, and the other two (or three) participants would be awarded one point each.
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Daniel Piovezan
Brazil
Jundiaí
SP
flag msg tools
mb
I think Suspense: the Card Game has a similar vibe to this, similar mechanics, but it's specifically designed for three. It's more intricate system, though.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Siel Oren
Israel
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
How about playing in 2 teams of 2 sitting across from each other?
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
fuger1520 fuger1520
Indonesia
flag msg tools
mb
Three player.....
Deal 5 cards for each player.
Set aside 1 remaining card.
Play as usual... no rule changes.

Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.