Recommend
9 
 Thumb up
 Hide
18 Posts

BoardGameGeek» Forums » Gaming Related » Hot Deals

Subject: [Cardhaus] Clearance sale! rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Nicholas May
United States
Gainesville
Florida
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
I got an e-mail saying they just added a lot of stuff to their clearance section (over a hundred games). I didn't have time to sift through it but I thought some hot dealers might want to investigate.

http://www.cardhaus.com/advanced_search.mobile?commit=Search...=✓
4 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sean F
United States
Puyallup
Washington
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hmmm, lots of new games, but from the top of my head, the prices for the decent ones don't seem that remarkable.

Kingsport Festival $33.14
Legendary Encounter: Predator $37.39
Mage Wars $33.14
Neuroshima Hex 2nd Edition $27.62
Nuns on the Run $27.62
Puzzle Strike $42.50
Smash Up Big Geeky Box $10.62
Tigris and Euphrates (FF Edition) $33.14
Witness $22.09
Zhangou $33.14
6 
 Thumb up
0.10
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
GeJayGe
United States
Windsor Hills
California
flag msg tools
The Idealist Counselor - Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging (INFJ)
badge
Don't hate the game, hate the player.
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
cunning stunt wrote:


I agree. I saw this post and immediately pulled out my card. After sorting through ~45 pages, I put it back into my wallet and cried a little.
11 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Travis Perry
United States
York
PA
flag msg tools
mb
Same here. More often then not they have the best prices, but many of these games have been cheaper elsewhere. The only games that stood out for me were the Smash Up expansions.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Y P
United States
Mississippi
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Most of the prices I looked at were 45% off, which is quite good if you can find titles you're interested in.

Barony - $27.62
Firefly: The Game - $27.62
D&D: Temple of Elemental Evil - $35.69
Istanbul - $27.62
Love Letter - $5.52
Smash Up - $16.57
Smash Up: Pretty Pretty - $10.62
Sun Tzu - $22.09
Treasure Chest (Stonemaier Games) - $24.86 - lowest I've seen this

Between these and Sean's items one could put together a nice order.
2 
 Thumb up
0.05
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robert Stetler
United States
Unspecified
Unspecified
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
MentatYP wrote:
Treasure Chest (Stonemaier Games) - $24.86 - lowest I've seen this


Noticed that, too. But I still can't pull the trigger on it, I'm just not that impressed with the bits. Especially compared with the three follow-up sets (Stonemaier really stepped up their game on those, if they re-did the original set with that level of quality I'd buy it in a heartbeat).

As for this sale, it gets a 'meh' from me as well, but then again I think Cardhaus is allowed a few of those. They've delivered so well on previous sales the past couple years, I can't begrudge them phoning one in. As Billy Bob Thornton said, "Well they can't all be winners, can they?"
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Ryan W
United States
Jersey City
New Jersey
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In my mind this is just a consolidated list of poorly selling items kinda like MM's clearance section. Better than MM's hodgepodge of unplayables, IMHO.

Still, polite pass - glad to see it though!
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Peter S.
United States
Sacramento
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
Isn't the normal point of a clearance to heavily discount poor sellers and thus clear them out of inventory?
15 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KillahGorillah wrote:
In my mind this is just a consolidated list of poorly selling items kinda like MM's clearance section. Better than MM's hodgepodge of unplayables, IMHO.

Still, polite pass - glad to see it though!


Or just a ton of stock. Some of the better titles I saw had 50+ copies.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jimmy Smith
United States
Tavares
Florida
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Depends what your definition of "clearance" is
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
-=::) Dante (::=-
United States
KEW GARDENS
New York
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Kusanagi888 wrote:
Same here. More often then not they have the best prices, but many of these games have been cheaper elsewhere. The only games that stood out for me were the Smash Up expansions.


To be fair this isn't an actual sale, just an email announcement that they've added a ton of items to their regular ongoing clearance section.

Their clearance section almost never offers better deals than time limited sale prices (holiday, daily deals, etc.) with the key difference being that many of these items will remain on that list for weeks if not months at lower every day prices than the competition in most cases.

That said, I couldn't find a single item worth adding to my currently held order so I empathize with the lack of overall excitement.
8 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Karan vashisht
India
Mumbai
Maharashtra
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Innumerable times over, Cardhaus has lured me with sales and succeeded almost every time but this time, the first time, they failed.....surprise
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin L. Kitchens
United States
Gainesville
Georgia
flag msg tools
designer
Snowflakes Melt
badge
Snowflakes Melt
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
kv999 wrote:
Innumerable times over, Cardhaus has lured me with sales and succeeded almost every time but this time, the first time, they failed.....surprise


It *IS* a clearance sale, not a holiday sale. They're getting rid of slow and non-moving or going out of print stuff.

Don't expect whammo hot deals.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
United States
Sherman Oaks
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
KGBRadioMoskow wrote:
MentatYP wrote:
Treasure Chest (Stonemaier Games) - $24.86 - lowest I've seen this


Noticed that, too. But I still can't pull the trigger on it, I'm just not that impressed with the bits. Especially compared with the three follow-up sets (Stonemaier really stepped up their game on those, if they re-did the original set with that level of quality I'd buy it in a heartbeat).
"


Realistically I think the gold and brick are about as good as they can look. The rest is pretty meh. They upgraded the wood tokens (exclusively as part of their Scythe set) and they look WAY better. No longer do they look like tootsie rolls. I actually painted the ends of my wood resources so they looked more like logs.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Dan Scratch
United States
Maryland
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
They have Mage Knight Lost Legion in stock for $33? I've been cruising prices on that title since October, and haven't seen it for less than $50 + shipping. And Shades of Tezla for $20? Wish I'd seen this before I ordered a week ago. :/

I'm not super familiar with this retailer, their mobile site (I do most of my personal browsing on a phone these days) has to be one of the worst I've seen in a long time... But if I force it over to the desktop version, there are some good deals to be found. Bioshock Infinite is tempting, but I'm not sure I'll ever get to sit down and actually play it with someone.

Anyone else find more interesting items?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
UA Darth
United States
Boca Raton
FL
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
They have Mage Knight Lost Legion in stock for $33? I've been cruising prices on that title since October, and haven't seen it for less than $50 + shipping. And Shades of Tezla for $20? Wish I'd seen this before I ordered a week ago. :/

I'm not super familiar with this retailer, their mobile site (I do most of my personal browsing on a phone these days) has to be one of the worst I've seen in a long time... But if I force it over to the desktop version, there are some good deals to be found. Bioshock Infinite is tempting, but I'm not sure I'll ever get to sit down and actually play it with someone.

Anyone else find more interesting items?


MK Legion just got reprinted.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Matt Brown
United States
Okemos
Michigan
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
TheHandsomeDan wrote:
Anyone else find more interesting items?


Istanbul and Tigris & Euphrates are on there.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hanna Dickhut
msg tools
Avatar
I kind of don't want to say which deals are appealing to me until the perfect DD comes up... ninja
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.