Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
13 Posts

Warhammer Quest: The Adventure Card Game» Forums » Rules

Subject: Non movement in location phase. rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Robski Horus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Okay so we cleared the location of all enemies, what stops us from staying a couple rounds in a location with no enemies, healing up and when ready moving to the next location - kill all the enemies - rinse repeat??

In the first quest Grump is hardly a problem if he is facing us alone so why bother moving forward?
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lee Fisher
United States
Downingtown
PA
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The peril track?
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Hoopder
United States
Durham
North Carolina
flag msg tools
I'll always pick the archer
badge
I had and have a wholly unsatisfied desire to shoot well with a bow. -J.R.R. Tolkien
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
lfisher wrote:
The peril track?


I'll make this more clear by removing the question mark:

The peril track.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
It's already been brought up in other threads here and the answer is the same : the peril track. I haven't tried the Delve Quest yet, but that's supposed to be its weakness - the peril track just isn't enough incentive to make you keep moving along. FFG is supposed to be fixing this soon in their FAQ though. devil
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Robski Horus
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
No no no. The peril track does not make you move forward, who cares if Grump shows up on the last Peril track if he turns up on his own! You are not reading my question correctly.

The peril track is not enough of a reason to keep moving forward, we stopped in one location, killed everything and just kept healing and moving the peril track until Grump showed up and killed him, then we healed up and went to the last location and dealt with it..easy...
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
David desJardins
United States
Burlingame
California
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
If you let the peril track reach the end, it's generally very hard to complete the quest. There's nothing preventing you from doing that, but most other people haven't found it a good strategy.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Jason Nopa
United States
Addison
Texas [TX]
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
In the first quest? Not much... but in later quests? You won't make it. Either the quest ends when the peril track reaches the end, or the effect is just insurmountable everytime it triggers.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Lionel Sy
Canada
Ontario
flag msg tools
badge
Hello
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Even in the first quest. Grump will do 6 damage total a turn if you reach the end of the peril track. Beat us up quite a bit one my first 4 player game
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Nushura
United States
Boston
flag msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Brother Horus wrote:
No no no. The peril track does not make you move forward, who cares if Grump shows up on the last Peril track if he turns up on his own! You are not reading my question correctly.[...]


Just to confirm. You know that he spawns, activates, readies, activates and readies, right? This results in 4 damage plus potential for more.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Michael Denman
United States
Katy
Texas
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Nushura wrote:
Brother Horus wrote:
No no no. The peril track does not make you move forward, who cares if Grump shows up on the last Peril track if he turns up on his own! You are not reading my question correctly.[...]


Just to confirm. You know that he spawns, activates, readies, activates and readies, right? This results in 4 damage plus potential for more.


Yeah, it sounds like he doesn't realize that Odious Grump is immortal in the first quest and will either "resurrect" or completely heal every single Peril phase once it's in the red.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Kevin Outlaw
United Kingdom
Devizes
Wiltshire
flag msg tools
badge
The Wing Warrior - learn more at www.facebook.com/thelegendriders
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Trump wrote:
Nushura wrote:
Brother Horus wrote:
No no no. The peril track does not make you move forward, who cares if Grump shows up on the last Peril track if he turns up on his own! You are not reading my question correctly.[...]


Just to confirm. You know that he spawns, activates, readies, activates and readies, right? This results in 4 damage plus potential for more.


Yeah, it sounds like he doesn't realize that Odious Grump is immortal in the first quest and will either "resurrect" or completely heal every single Peril phase once it's in the red.


i think some people might overlook that, once peril hits red, you activate the red peril event every peril phase, even though the peril token has nowhere left to go.
3 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Gazery Pooh

Keighley
West Yorkshire
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
Just want to reiterate what others have said.

In the first quest, yes you can kill everything and then take on Grump by himself. But when the peril token reaches each stage you spawn Odious (and possibly do extra stuff) which means he comes back to life. So you have to kill him again.

If you have hung around and killed everything then I imagine you will arrive at the end of the peril track without having explored many, if any, locations.

This would mean that every single turn Odious spawns (whether you have previously killed him or not) activates twice and readies. This is a lot of damage coming your way every single turn until you finally manage to explore all the locations. Plus all the enemies that will spawn as you enter a new location.

Hanging around on the first quest makes it almost impossible to win.
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
MM
United States
Indianapolis
Indiana
flag msg tools
badge
Avatar
mb
RedMonkeyBoy wrote:
i think some people might overlook that, once peril hits red, you activate the red peril event every peril phase, even though the peril token has nowhere left to go.


Emphasis mine. This is easy to miss. Letting the peril track get into the red is a real bad idea.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.