Recommend
 
 Thumb up
 Hide
11 Posts

Myth» Forums » Rules

Subject: Shamblers - Ranged and Melee rss

Your Tags: Add tags
Popular Tags: [View All]
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Hi,

Just playing the Rise of the Revenant and weirdly this is the first time I have used Shamblers.

The question is, which of the three shambler models are ranged and which are melee?

There are three models;

1. The one with two arms outstretched (like they want to just give you a hug).
2. The one with the sword.
3. The one with stick over their heads (or is it a rubbish bow with a range of 2?).

The picture on their activation card may be giving me a clue (it has type 1 in the foreground and types 2 and 3 in the background).

For the time being I have designated type 3 as ranged and types 1 and 2 as melee, but it will be good to know the correct way.

Cheers
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Sudo Nim
msg tools
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
For the time being I have designated type 3 as ranged and types 1 and 2 as melee, but it will be good to know the correct way.


That's how I play it too. The bow wielding ones use the bow as a club to extend their reach beyond those with just claws or a sword.
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Josh Derksen
Canada
Toronto
ON
flag msg tools
designer
armoredgear7.net
badge
Heroes of the Aturi Cluster dockingbay416.com/campaign
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The pose for #3 was changed at some point during the first KS. The concept art had that shambler holding a bow with his right hand, and his other hand was free. The final mini is using the bow like a club, holding it over his head. Both versions have the arrow sticking out of the skull.

I was really disappointed by that sculpt and the fact that the shamblers didn't have a ranged minion, so I'm glad this was changed a bit in v2.0
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
armoredgear7 wrote:
The pose for #3 was changed at some point during the first KS. The concept art had that shambler holding a bow with his right hand, and his other hand was free. The final mini is using the bow like a club, holding it over his head. Both versions have the arrow sticking out of the skull.

I was really disappointed by that sculpt and the fact that the shamblers didn't have a ranged minion, so I'm glad this was changed a bit in v2.0


They are only Range 2 though, so not particularly effective at long distance. A fact that I am glad of as I am currently surrounded by about 15 of them...
4 
 Thumb up
0.01
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
DrProfHazzmatt
United States
West Chester
Pennsylvania
flag msg tools
Riding the Kickstarter hype train since 2015.
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
The question is, which of the three shambler models are ranged and which are melee?


The stick in the shambler's hand is actually a bow. So presumably that would be the ranged minion.

armoredgear7 wrote:
The pose for #3 was changed at some point during the first KS. The concept art had that shambler holding a bow with his right hand, and his other hand was free. The final mini is using the bow like a club, holding it over his head. Both versions have the arrow sticking out of the skull.

I was really disappointed by that sculpt and the fact that the shamblers didn't have a ranged minion, so I'm glad this was changed a bit in v2.0


The ranged stats have been in the game since v1.0.

BrianJohnHunt wrote:
They are only Range 2 though, so not particularly effective at long distance. A fact that I am glad of as I am currently surrounded by about 15 of them...


I don't know about some of the others but the crawlers are also range 2.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Ranged crawlers have a range of 3, combined with their fast movement value, they usually always find a target, not the case with ranged Shamblers
2 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
United States
Riverton
NJ
flag msg tools
Started the first tile of RotR last night. The only time that a ranged shambler has been in range to attack was when my soldier was rushing past him while desperately trying to get to the revenant bannermen.

We had to pause on cycle 3, we had a late start. Got lucky with the portal summons and we may be able to avoid the summon, but it'll be close.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
bjorn2bwild wrote:
Started the first tile of RotR last night. The only time that a ranged shambler has been in range to attack was when my soldier was rushing past him while desperately trying to get to the revenant bannermen.

We had to pause on cycle 3, we had a late start. Got lucky with the portal summons and we may be able to avoid the summon, but it'll be close.


I'll have to re-do the scenario - I started too cautiously and the archer got no arrows in the first two HCs! The Boss appeared early which then meant it was almost impossible to kill of the Shamblers - damn things kept resurrecting! One thing is for sure, in this scenario you have to be focused on getting rid of the trap and then the Bannermen pretty quickly!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Remi Bureau
Canada
flag msg tools
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
The Acolyte also sounds pretty useful in a Undead infested module. Can't wait to try Rise...
1 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Adam Harrison
United States
Riverton
NJ
flag msg tools
BrianJohnHunt wrote:
bjorn2bwild wrote:
Started the first tile of RotR last night. The only time that a ranged shambler has been in range to attack was when my soldier was rushing past him while desperately trying to get to the revenant bannermen.

We had to pause on cycle 3, we had a late start. Got lucky with the portal summons and we may be able to avoid the summon, but it'll be close.


I'll have to re-do the scenario - I started too cautiously and the archer got no arrows in the first two HCs! The Boss appeared early which then meant it was almost impossible to kill of the Shamblers - damn things kept resurrecting! One thing is for sure, in this scenario you have to be focused on getting rid of the trap and then the Bannermen pretty quickly!


Just wrapped up tile 1. We had some amazing luck! Sarah's Banish popped on almost every refresh phase and we had plenty of movement cards early on.

Between those and some forgiving trap rolls (minions only, and usually few), we were able to lock down the summon meter at 5, so Saekor never appeared.

By the time that we had the bannermen down and the minions managed with dwindling numbers, we milked the tile for a bit, interacting with the unearthed graves and abandoned cart, scoring some good loot and precious serendipity in the process. At the same time, we were working on the trap and the soldier was standing in between the pillars, managing anything that did appear before the trap was down.

We left just one grave untouched. On to the rest of the act, which I suspect will not be as forgiving!


Ranged shambler update: Over the course of the entire combat, ranged shamblers were able to get off three shots, and no hits. The rest of the time, they were out-maneuvered or taken out before they could activate.
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Brian Hunt
England
Lincoln
Lincolnshire
flag msg tools
Angry Imp Games
badge
Avatar
mbmbmbmbmb
Sarah managed to stun a few in my game - but banish didn't happen once!
 
 Thumb up
 tip
 Hide
  • [+] Dice rolls
Front Page | Welcome | Contact | Privacy Policy | Terms of Service | Advertise | Support BGG | Feeds RSS
Geekdo, BoardGameGeek, the Geekdo logo, and the BoardGameGeek logo are trademarks of BoardGameGeek, LLC.